Total Parking Solutions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4197 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

i too have recieved a letter with two photos of my car coming in and going out,stating i was 6 hours and 30 mins in the parking area,,,what should i do,i never seen any signs,i did see the camera,thinking that was a good thing,nice and safe,,but should i pay this or write them a letter,

Should i not send a mail,i was thinking of going back and taking some photos to show them i had seen no notice to say this was not a "Retail Car park",,how on earth are you suppose to enjoy the shopping (Especialy at this time of year) have some food,without having to move your car back and forth all the time,,it a joke

Hi debz

I have created a new thread for you.

As advised you should either ignore or if you feel you must send something just a very brief letter as follows

Dear Sirs

Any liability to your company or your client is denied. No further correspondence will be entered into.

Yours faithfully

• Confused 1

I too have received a letter with two photos of my car coming in and going out of a car park, stating I was 2 hours and 15 mins in the parking area which was some 15min over the allotted time. The only problem I was not the driver of the car at that moment in time yet they are chasing me as the registered keeper. Grrrrrr I did send a reply to the company advising I was not driving the car and under data protection I am unable to furnish them with the driver on that day and time.

I have since had two more demands for fines and late payment. Who do these muppets think they are? I have today received another letter from Debt recovery Plus Ltd advising of the charges of £148.99 and payment or they may pass it to their solicitor to commence Count Court proceedings. I do hope you can tell I'm shaking with fear :lol:

While I have read the previous posts my question is do I reply or ignore.

While I have read the previous posts my question is do I reply or ignore.

Either really. If you feel you must send something then this should be sufficient.

Dear Sirs

You have already been told that any liability to you or your client is denied. No further correspondence will be entered into.

Yours faithfully,

• Confused 1

Hi Guys, Like Deb, I have been recently harrassed by TPS on payment for parking at a KFC, I have ignored as advised and have no received a letter from a debt collection agency "Debt Recovery Plus ltd" stating I have 7 days to make payment or this matter may go to county court. Any thoughts on how I should proceed please? Thanks John

Jeez, IGNORE THEM!!

If you reply to them then they will simply think they have a mug who awaits fleecing, these aren't legitimate parking tickets, these are simply speculative invoices designed to con you out of money you don't owe. Forget about them, file them under ignore, they will never ever be able to prove to a court that the amount they are conning out of you is justifiable.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

OOPs I have just drafted: Dear Sirs:

Further to your letter dated xx/11/12 Ref xxxxxxxxxx I write to inform you I was not the driver of xxxxxxxxxx on that day and time so I have no contract with your client so owe no money or the exorbitant other charges that have been added.

I have written informing them of this fact and advising of my charges for dealing with this matter. They have now incurred further charges as laid out in my first reply.

As your Client does not understand, I hope your company can grasp the situation being any liability to your company or your client is denied. No further correspondence will be entered into.

Cheeky explitives state in their letter: The BBA code of practice states that "the courts do not look favourably on motorists or consumers who try to withhold information from operators.... have they not heard of data protection :lol:

What the BBA states and what the courts do is worlds apart, the courts do not look favorably on private parking companies conning hundreds of pounds out of motorists when the actual costs bear no resemblance to the figures they claim should be paid, best to just ignore them and get on with your lives.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 3 weeks later...
OOPs I have just drafted: Dear Sirs:

Further to your letter dated xx/11/12 Ref xxxxxxxxxx I write to inform you I was not the driver of xxxxxxxxxx on that day and time so I have no contract with your client so owe no money or the exorbitant other charges that have been added.

I have written informing them of this fact and advising of my charges for dealing with this matter. They have now incurred further charges as laid out in my first reply.

As your Client does not understand, I hope your company can grasp the situation being any liability to your company or your client is denied. No further correspondence will be entered into.

The cheeky explitives state in their letter: The BBA code of practice states that "the courts do not look favourably on motorists or consumers who try to withhold information from operators.... have they not heard of data protection :lol:

It must be Christmas the season of good will and all that as today I had a letter from the expletives removed reducing the payment if it is paid within the next seven days. They also go on to say I can visit their web site to view a selection of CCJs that they have obtained against people who have ignored their correspondence. debtrecoveryplus.co.uk

I would love to know what part of NO FURTHER CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE ENTERED INTO don't they understand. :mad2:

Seen this letter many times, they appear to refer to a very old and so badly defended case involving Parking Eye that many of us think it was a set up. Funny how they never mention VCS V Ibbotson or HMRC V VCS.

They also seem to forget that cases involving PPC's are regularly monitored, I personally would never beleive anything that they post on their websites regarding court actions, unless I can trace the case and read the findings.

Edited by Crocdoc

I am currently playing letter tennis with DR+, I send my correspondence to the different addresses they have registered and the letters come back are all the same so I know they arent bright enough to have original thought. They have paid a lawyer to draft them a letter in the dim and distant past and rely on trotting out the same thing for every occasion. obviously if they do take up their threats I will counterclaim for harassment. Currently got 1 case of that going through the court system at the moment (defendants deny it but their lawyer cant fill forms out correctly so is dragging on).