Contribution Based Allowance - Married Query?

meshio
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear All,

My wife was made redundant in Croydon just before we got married, the company went bust and therefore two weeks before we got married and she moved to the midlands she signed onto JSA for a contribution based allowance. She received two payments of the £56(?) allowance and then got transfered to my local office.

To which she was then told to fill in a lengthy form, which included some of my details, we said that this doesn't look right as all we want to do is change address and status. However JS persisted that we filled it in and we did, we notified them we would be on honeymoon for three weeks and therefore will not be actively looking for three weeks until we get back in October. Therefore freeze claim.

However, JS wrote to us twice first letter saying she isn't eligible to claim due to me working (income based) and the second letter came to say she isn't entitled due to not attending the JS.

When we got back we went in and told them, they realised there mistake and reapplied for contribution based scheme. We got a letter again saying she wasn't eligble to claim due to not enough NI contributions.

This was bizarre so i emailed and called and wrote a letter, saying in london she was claiming and got payment and now shes married and moved here she isn't and here is the letter. I spoke to NI centre in newcastle, they confirmed she has 4 years eligble NI contributions and also supplied a letter stating so. What can my next steps be? it's odd she has been paid and now they are not moving :(

Please help

thanks

Thanks

You need to ask the Benefit Centre for an explanation either verbally or in writing as to why she isn't entitled to receive any further payments of JSA cont.

Did you spend you honeymoon abroad or within the UK? If it was abroad then the claim did need to be closed, if within the UK did she complete for ES674JP to declare all the details surrounding the temporary absence within the UK? If it was within the UK and she was not actively seeking then she would probably not have been entitled to receive any payment for the benefit weeks that she was away from home for.