style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a Dell desktop on line in January and everything was fine until about a month ago. The power button failed so contacted Dell to report same (the computer has a collect and return contract) and informed it would take 14 days but could pay £29 and have an engineer come out next day. I agreed to this because I needed the computer urgently. This is where the 'fun' begins, their next day turned into a week before he appeared, and the power button was replaced. However after only just over a week the same thing happened again. Dell were informed and full of apologies promised an engineer the next day, but am still waiting.

I am absolutely disgusted with the customer service (or lack of it) afforded by this company, and this coupled with the telephone experiences leave a lot to be desired. They use an 0844 high rate telephone number and you get to speak to some foreign person (who you cannot understand). diabolical I say.

Any idea on my consumer rights, wondering if I should be offered a replacement.

A bit late I know, but dont buy anything so complex on line! local supplier or store, where you can have a face to face resolution is much easier.

having said that, dont phone send emails and complain to service dept or even to the management etc.

• 4 weeks later...

I would be asking for a refund of the £29 next day charge as well - perhaps you should be invoicing them £29 per day for each day that their engineers are late. They may not pay but at least it will get the point across, especially if you send to the MD