Gears stuck on Citroen Xsara Picasso

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4196 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a 02 Citroen Xsara Picasso which the gears have now stuck in place and will not budge even when pressing the clutch down all the way.

I have had a look online and its either a gearbox oil change or its the linkage on the gears.

Does anyone know how to change the gearbox oil on this Citroen or if it is something else that I would have to take it to a garage for?

If there are spelling mistakes on my posts, I blame the gremlins tapping my keys. :eek:

Check the linkage under the bonnet first , especially for a spring that might have broken in two.

Checking/Filling the gearbox means putting the car level up on a ramp and getting under it to the cap on the transaxle. Not easy if you haven't done it before.

Check the linkage under the bonnet first.

I am no mechanic, but have asked a friend of mine who is to come and have a look at it, he says it sounds like a broken or corroded linkage.

How much does a linkage part cost second hand or is it adviseable to buy brand new?

If there are spelling mistakes on my posts, I blame the gremlins tapping my keys. :eek:

Most likely to be linkage cable. To get good advice go to www.citroenpicasso.org.uk

This is the picasso owners club and there are threads about gear linkage there, also plenty knowledgable chaps eager to assist. Once on site go to forums---then Questions about picasso. You can also search in the site for gear linkage problems.

I have only had the car just over six months after I bought it from a dealer. Do you think it would be reasonable that they should have picked this up at the time of the sale and if so could I claim the cost form the dealer for the repair?

I have only had the car just over six months after I bought it from a dealer. Do you think it would be reasonable that they should have picked this up at the time of the sale and if so could I claim the cost form the dealer for the repair?

If it's a spring that has broken than it would be virtually impossible to predict when it might occur.

I doubt the dealer is going to be amenable to a free repair, though you might have a barter on part share of the costs, you buy, they fit.