Innocent v Barclaycard ***SETTLED IN FULL***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1913 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Actually, Microfilm and Microfiche may well not be part of the Data Protection Act. I've had quite a lengthy chat with the Information Commissioner about this. The terms 'Microfiche' and 'Microfilm' are actually a bit misleading, what's important is whether or not they constitute a "relevent filing system". If the microfilms are stored unsorted in cardboard boxes marked "Accounts 1977" etc. then the bank would have a good argument for saying that it is not a relevent filing system because it isn't ordered, and accessing it would involve disproportionate effort. If on the other hand the microfilms are stored in a huge automated data retrieval system and all the have to do is type in an identifier somewhere for a wee robot to go and get it, then it clearly would be covered by the DPA.

I must say however, I am deeply sceptical that any large organisation would store this sort of stuff on something as clumsy as microfiche. I mean, the cost must be astronomical! Especially considering that the cost of computer storage has fallen through the floor in the last few years. In the event that my DPA request comes back with any rhubarb about 'microfiche' or 'microfilm' I'll be going to court to get them to prove it!

• Confused 2

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1913 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks