Where do i stand now according to law ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I'm working as a security officer in London from last three years and had some problem with my supervisor rude behaviour so sent a grievance complain to HR and the site manager.

Site manager didn't do anything to investigate this and said that i don't have any witness and no one formally complained about him so can cannot investigate further but he did not speak to anyone on site if there is any truth of his rudeness and behaviour with other people on site. 8 out of 11 people have problem from his attitude and don't talk to him because he is grass the people and tell so many lies to manager about other people but on other hand he can't even do spellings when write reports.

Today I was called in the head office to speak about my matter with HR and the contract manager. They confirmed that I will not be on his shift from next week.

Today i presented my contact manager & HR a collective petition signed and dated by other people on site and he got furious and told me if the client knows about it i will be removed from site straight way..... it was sort of the threatening and shocking to me when he reacted on my petition.

Just wondering if i get removed from the site where do i stand ? is there any law which says i cannot signed petition etc ... what laws i can follow in worst case scenario.

Thanks

If you have a mobile phone that can record, then keep it in your shirt pocket and have it on record every time your Supervisor comes near you and also at any meetings you are called to.

You do not have to inform them that you are recording.

If you have a mobile phone that can record, then keep it in your shirt pocket and have it on record every time your Supervisor comes near you and also at any meetings you are called to.

I have recorded where my site manager saying that he do not have any witness so he cannot do any thing

But the OP would probably get the sack if found out.

Since when is a petition against a fellow worker an appropriate way to raise concerns, you have just left yourself wide open for the other party to complain about your conduct and written your own evidence against you.

As you have not stated what you asked for in your grievance the employer can say they have resolved it by moving you, what the others think or want to do is irrelevant, they raise their own complaints or lodge a collective grievance.

I'd get your sunday best sorry suit on and be ready to apologise, they are correct that if your actions have the potential to disrupt the relationship with the client you can be moved.

I say this as a friendly nudge, you need to wind your neck in quickly or you will surely orchestrate your own downfall. The only evidence of harassment that management have is your own from what you have written.

Calling people grasses if that gets back to HR or liars won't do you any favours, never rely on your workmates. As far as his spelling i'm leaving that one.........

If you are not on this persons shift from next week then your problem as far as he is concerned is resolved and getting signed petitions is really not the way forward apologise and keep your head down for a bit.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Since when is a petition against a fellow worker an appropriate way to raise concerns, you have just left yourself wide open for the other party to complain about your conduct and written your own evidence against you.

As you have not stated what you asked for in your grievance the employer can say they have resolved it by moving you, what the others think or want to do is irrelevant, they raise their own complaints or lodge a collective grievance.

I'd get your sunday best sorry suit on and be ready to apologise, they are correct that if your actions have the potential to disrupt the relationship with the client you can be moved.

I say this as a friendly nudge, you need to wind your neck in quickly or you will surely orchestrate your own downfall. The only evidence of harassment that management have is your own from what you have written.

Calling people grasses if that gets back to HR or liars won't do you any favours, never rely on your workmates. As far as his spelling i'm leaving that one.........

I made the petition just to make them aware that what other work mates are thinking about the guy behaviour, as mentioned by my manager there is no evidence of anyone else has complained.

I can see where you're coming from, but I agree with most of what the previous posts are saying.

I understand why you might feel raising a collective grievance against a disruptive colleague might seem a good idea, but its probably better to speak to the colleague in question informally before doing something like that. Anyway, its been brought to management's attention, they might take some action, and they've solved your immediate problem by placing you on a different shift. I wouldn't go and apologise, it might just bring more attention to you and you did raise your concerns in good faith, but I'd keep your head down for a while.

I'd say starting a petition against a colleague was bullying behaviour on your part - truly appalling AND immature!

So I'd say you stand on very shakey ground indeed!!

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

I agree with the general tone of responses on here and in particular the rather generous comments from Atlas01 whose advice you would be very wise to follow - while you may feel aggrieved, your statement suggests that you've acted incredibly badly. If any of the signatories on your 'petition' are people who don't work for your company, you should expect to be dismissed on either or both of two counts; bringing the company into disrepute or breach of the mutual trust and confidence principle.

I come on to this site because I think I'm generally motivated by kindness but I'm bound to tell you that if I was your employer, I'd almost certainly dismiss you on the given facts. I'm not going to post on this thread again but if you follow the advice which you've been offered, it's possible that you might be allowed to keep your job. More's the pity - I despise bullies in the workplace and your lynch mob solicitation was an odious thing to do.