Please help - multiple past credit cards and loans but no docs for possible PPI- don't know where to start

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4202 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I hope someone will be able to help me. I have had quite a number of credit cards and loans in the past whilst trying to pay off student debt and haven't got the details as when I closed or settled the accounts I shredded the documnets. I am getting lost in the procedure and the more guides I read the more confused I seem to be getting. I don't know whether some of the cards are worth persuing or whether to forget about them and keep my £10 for SAR's etc. Some are quite old. I have opened an Experian account to view details but not all the cards I had have appeared and I wondered whether it was worth sending those financial institutions SARs.....

A bit about my background:

I was shocking with my money at University despite working every holiday that I had. I had a barclaycard through Uni and am pretty sure I backed with Lloyds. I took out a graduate loan with Lloyds and the advisor advised me to get a loan out big enough to pay my £2000 overdraft off and when I agreed a figure of £3000 with him he said but you should take out more for a holiday, new clothes for work etc - so I did. This is going back to 1999 and I was incredibly naive. I asked how many £10 charges had been applied to my account over the previous 4 years and he said "You don't want to know" and left it at that. I guess that these are too far back to claim..? I switched banks when it dawned upon me what I had been duped into.

I was in full time employment with 13 weeks full sick pay up until August 2005. I then went self employed. My wife was made redundant whilst pregnant (due to company pulling out of the UK) nearly four years ago and we now have two children. My wife is unable to go back to work as the children are 2.5 years and 1 month. We are not claiming any benefits. I currently have a large credit card bill on 0% transfer until Oct next year and any money that I can claim back would be a big big help.

The data that I have been able to get from Experian are as follows

Egg loan started 2007 (self employed) settled Nov 2010 for 36x £320 - I don't think I took PPI out on this but couldn't be sure

Egg card started 2003 (full time employment) settled July 2009- possible PPI pre ticked online ?

MBNA card started Oct 2006 (self employed) - setteld 2008 - PPI?

Tesco credit card started 2009 to present - don't think it had PPI on it

Also had the Barclaycard at Uni and carried it on just after graduating. Had a couple of late payment fees applied plus a lot of interest down the years.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction. With the birth of our second child I have been considering going to a claims handling company to help give me advice and steer me in the right direction. However when I googled Egg card PPI success this forum came up and I thought I would see if I could get help from people who know what they are talking about.

Yours In Hope

Zoon

Hi Zoon

welcome aboard

the only way to find out

would be an SAR to each 'company'

plenty of additional info below too.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

First thing DO NOT USE A CLAIMS COMPANY. They can do nothing for you that you cannot do for yourself.

With loans/cards etc that were paid off more than six years ago, yu may have trouble getting any data as it may have been destroyed.

I would start your SAR requests with the more recent ones, like the Egg business you mention above.

You could then go on to doing SAR requests for the older ones to see what comes back (if anything).

The only way to see whether PPI was added to any loan account is get a copy of the agreement and for credit card accounts you will need statements of the account.

For any SAR, make sure there is a line in there to the effect that the SAR is to include copies of any and all agreements you have ever held.

When the information from a SAR comes back then you can prepare a spreadsheet to show what (if any) PPI may be due back to you. You would then complete a fos consumer questionnaire and send it to the lender with a copy of the spreadsheet and a brief covering letter.

You may find that, if you got behind on payment or were late making them, some of these accounts may have unlawful charges added to them which you can also claim back with interest.

SAR is the first step though.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS