cancelling carers allowance

Mrs C Fwd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4234 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help anyone have I done this right.

My husband finished work and we applied for penison credit till he gets his state pension in Jan. I was told we are entiltleid and he should claim carers allowance for looking after me. I presumed to do this now and filled the form in online. Now I think I jumped the gun and should have left it till he goes on state pension. I don't have his payslips so would have to get in touch with his ex employer for new ones so by the time all this is sorted he would be on state pension anyway ( we don't really want to ask for these). From what I can see it wouldn't make any difference to anything we will be entitled to anyway so too much messing about.(knowing our luck we would end up worse off with council tax etc. )

I have emailed them to cancel this transaction so hopefully I have stopped this and can just carry on till he retires then see if and what we are entitled to then.

Will they be able to jsut cancel this before any payment if any are made.

Thanks for your help.

if he has given up work early to care for you, i think you should be entitled to carers allowance providing you meet the criteria...you shouldnt have to wait until he retires in order to access this benefit....

have a look here

http://www.nhs.uk/CarersDirect/moneyandlegal/carersbenefits/Pages/CarersAllowance.aspx

Thanks Deb He didn't actually give up to look at me as he did this before as well as work. But he was really poorly the other week and he was due to finish work altogether in a few weeks so finished now. But I do meet the criteria jsut wehn he was working his wages were over the limit.

What I was thinking is that he has been granted pension credit and if he got carers allowance too ( carers allowance would be taken of the pension credit payment) it would mess all the figures up and cause more hassle and would be of no extra benefit. So think it is better to just take the one benefit and sort out if we are entitled to anything when he starts his pension.

Will look at your link thanks for that