style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4233 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks, I'm suffering from persistence of a Hardware installation request I know nothing about and need some guidance please if someone knows.

I have a box show up in the middle of my screen under the heading Hardware Installation in the blue bar saying:

The software you are installing for this harware

ActivityMonitor

has not passed the windows logo testing to verify its compatibility to windows XP (which I am running my PC on).

and thereafter advises me to stop installation.

Well as I don't know what this is I decided to stop the installation, but the friggin thing keeps popping up every few minutes trying to install again.

Can anyone tell me what this is and whether I should just install it?

I recently changed my AVG back to free version, but that's about as much change as I have done.

Any ideas what this is?

Ta A1

This is what I found about Activity Monitor : (sorry but the Adm dosen't allow me to post the link)

"Ever dreamed of monitoring software to track your network activity in real time?

Ever thought of how useful it would be to know what your employees or students do when they are supposed to work or study?

Ever lost money and/or confidential information, lacking control over your staff online activity?

Activity Monitor is the solution you needed!

This powerful employee monitoring software allows you to track any LAN, giving you the most detailed information on what, how and when your network users performed. Whether it is a library public network, university or commercial organization network – Activity Monitor offers efficient control.

Our employee monitor consists of server and client parts. Activity Monitor server can be installed on any computer in the entire LAN. Remote spy software (Agent) is a small client program that is installed on all computers on the network you want to monitor. It can be installed even remotely from the PC with Activity Monitor on it or via Active Directory Group Policy in a Windows domain.

Any computer in the network under control can be spied remotely. You may tune this employee monitoring software so that it will record activity on all networked computers. This information can be later used for the deeper analysis and advanced report generation.

Activity Monitor has proved its excellent efficiency in increasing the overall productivity of the establishments where it was used to track the local networks. This powerful tool from SoftActivity saves your money."

It seems that someone from outside would spy our computers using this software. If the PC is on but disconnected the message doesn't appear, and inside the PC Avg doesn't see any danger. Surfing the net I found that since 2009 some other people, not many, have had the same problem, but none of them write they solved it.

swap antivirus from AVG imho.

Microsoft Security Essentials is free. Download that from www.microsoft.com/security/pc-security/mse.aspx

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

AVG has become very intrusive over the years. I ended up uninstalling it and using Malwarebytes and other software to check my PC.

I do a lot of downloading these days and back my system up almost every other day, just in case.

Only needed to use the backup once...