style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4221 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was looking for a magazine and came across Pocket mags website. I saw a magazine I was interested in reading and bought a one off copy. There is a tick box to indicate that you are buying a one off subscription.

Today I checked on my current account and noticed a payment marked "Magazinecloner.Com Ltd 1************90 - Recurring Visa Transaction" If I had known it was a recurring VISA transaction payment I would never have purchased from the site. Surely this is a fraudulent as I never agreed to the recurring transaction. As a matter of fact, I would never agree to any card recurring transaction with any company.

I have no objection to the one payment, but strenuously object to the recurring VISA transaction. I emailed the company and this is the reply;

The recurring subscription is a stipulation on all Apple subscriptions, which is implemented by Apple not us. A user can’t subscribe unless the subscription is in a recurring manner. To cancel the recurring subscription, you can find instructions here http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098 . If you’d like a refund, please contact Apple, as the transaction would’ve gone through them. To do this, click ‘report a problem’ next to the item in your iTunes purchase history.

I have a Windows 7 PC and do not use Apple products let alone iTunes as I don't downloads apps. Nowhere on the website does it indicate that it is a Apple subscription. I am normally very careful and cannot believe that I have been conned this way. Especially as I have never been an Apple customer! I have Win 7 and detest Apple products as think they are over priced and would never use iTunes anyway.

I have contacted my bank, Nationwide and asked them to make sure that any recurring transactions are cancelled, but not sure if they will honour my request or trot out a dozen excuses. Is there anything else I can do?

I have contacted my bank, Nationwide and asked them to make sure that any recurring transactions are cancelled, but not sure if they will honour my request or trot out a dozen excuses. Is there anything else I can do?

Yes, follow the call up with a letter stating that any payment authority the bank has with Pocket Mags or Magazinecloner (or associates) was revoked by your telephone call of XX/XX/XXXX. And that the Payment Services Regulations 2009 oblige them to honour your request and refund any further payments that they make.

See:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17870704

It took several emails to them before they said the3 debit should not have had the words "Recurring DD". I very seldom buy Online and have never had any issues, but it is frightening to kn ow that without your permission they can in initialise a recurring payment. Apparently this can also happen if you buy an app through iTunes whether or not you agreed to the recurring transaction.