Barclays business A/C - dormant Ltd company

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening all, largely the same question as a number of other posters.

I have a dormant limited company with a Barclays business a/c. the account was in credit (around £100) and I received statements once every 6 months. Over the past 12 months statements arrive virtually every few weeks and guess what? the account is O/D by £850. Not bad considering there has never been a transaction? Barclays advise as the a/c is unused it will be closed end November. Can I reclaim? Or should I SAR them firstly to fully establish charges? Seems to be a grey area!

• 2 weeks later...
One thing I do know is that as a Ltd company yo cannot SAR, you can however request deails as a Director, you may still be charged for this tho..

Thanks, I sure they would charge for any info.

The dormant company has never traded and has no assets, issued shares £2. I'm not interested in keeping it as I use another company for my business, I could always tell them to take a hike!

A similar experience with HSBC led me to ask for a specific breakdown of the charges and a copy of any contract that I might at any point have signed that could justify or demonstrate any liability for those charges.

The silence was deafening until a big bundle of junk arrived with an accompanying letter which acknowledged that the documentation I sought was not usually retained.

Demand they justify it I would say.