Just Eat - Problems getting my money back

DebzJS
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

I am at the end of my tether with this, so really would like some advice on where I can go with this!

On the 20th October 2012 I placed at order for a take away with http://www.Just-Eat.co.uk/ it is a take away they recommended under my postcode and one I have used before.

My order was accepted, I was given a delivery time and money was taken from my debit card

10 minutes later I had an email from them to advise that the take away I had chosen could no longer deliver to my area as I am too far away (we are on the same street, but that is a different issue!).

I emailed on the Monday (the 22nd) to ask what would happen next. I had an email from Yusuf Yusuf there who advised me that the money would be back in my account in a day or to! When that didn’t happen, I emailed again and he advised me it would be in my account by the end of the week... When this didn’t happen I wrote on their Facebook page.

As a result of this David Farrer at their company emailed me to apologise for delay and that there was sometimes a problem with pending transactions on their system. He advised that he would get his admin team to cancel it and issue an immediate refund. This was on the 29th October.

When I heard nothing more, I emailed on the 1st November to chase. David assured me that it had been done on the 31st October and that I should get my money in 'a few days'.

As of the 5th November the money was still not in my account - I emailed David to question it. He promised me that the refund had been done and that it would be down to my bank if there were delays. I questioned this but my email to him is as yet unanswered.

I have called my bank this morning as per Davids advice and they tell me there are no pending transactions on my account.

I called Just Eat back this morning and spoke to someone else (Daryl) and he apologised. He told me that nothing had been done on the 31st October as promised, that the system seemed to have an error which mean my transaction is showing as completed and not cancelled. He told me he could change this today and arrange for my money back but it would be a further 7 working days for me to get my money back (Bringing it to nearly a month since I placed my order!). I told him I was not happy about this - He advised he would get a manager to call me back at 3pm today.

Frustrated I again posted on their Facebook page, David responded (despite ignoring my 2 emails since 5 November) saying that the money HAD been refunded on the 31st October and that there is nothing he can do. I have to speak to my bank. I have questioned why Daryl is telling me it hasn’t, but he didn’t respond.

4pm came and I hadn’t heard back from Just Eat - so I called again. The customer representative that I spoke to advises that there refund was only done this morning and that it would be 7 working days to get my refund. He tells me there is nothing more he can do and that Just Eat cannot just "press a magic button to get my money back". He does not know why whatever happened on the 31st October went wrong.... He told me the manager that was due to call me back was "busy" and that he wouldn’t be available for another hour... I offered to wait on hold, but after 5 minutes the line went dead and I am now again waiting for a call back.

My problem is that I am being told different things by different people - David is saying there has been a refund, Daryl and the guy I spoke to this afternoon are telling me it was only done today. Yusuf who was originally dealing with this seems to have done nothing at all and Asif the manager I am still waiting for a call back from!

Does anyone have any help or advice as to where I can go with this?

Thanks very much

Debz

Edited by DebzJS