Paragon charges to be claimed back

dontgetshafted
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Brief outline: I did an SAR on Paragon in January and have gone through it again today. I have noticed several amounts added for 'Admin Charge' ?, 'Cost's '? , Arrear Letter Fee, etc.

I have added these up and although only around £120, i did a calculation on the interest at their rate (28.9%)at the time ( 1995) and the total comes to around £3k.

Any advice on how to put a claim in for these charges and interest?

thanks in advance

DGS

• 2 weeks later...

Update from Paragon:-Sent prelim letter and received an acknowledgement that states to read the enclosed leafletr on how they will deal with my complaint.It states: We will respond to your complaint within 4 weeks, if we are unable to provide a response we will advise you that it will take a further 4 weeks. If by then we do not have a response we will provide a 'date' that you will get a response.This is obviously a load of rubbish so what would be my next plan of attack as i gave them 14 days to reply.ThanksDGS

Up to you but you control the timescales, not them.

You can send an lba after the 14 days you gave them is up and put them on a further 14 days to court action. Then you can issue.

Only threaten court of you intend to go through with it.

Received a leter today from Paragon:

They are not upholding my complaint as they advise that the charges are within the Ts&Cs of the loan agreement. (Doesnt mention any figures for charges in the agreement).

Any advice on my next step? is it court or the FSO?

I can email the letter if anyone wants to view it.

thanks

DGS

The fact that they are mentioned in some way in the T&Cs is not relevant - they are a penalty.

You now have to decide whether you want to go all the way and go the court route or whether you are going to get fos to deal with it. Fos tend not to be interested in charges claims in general though and you may find that they side with the lender.

First thing would be to issue them with a "Letter Before Action" giving them 14 days to refund.

Your LBA is the same as your preliminary letter but headed "Letter Before Action" and with a final paragraph telling them that you will issue in court after 14 days without further recourse to them.

You should enclose an up to date spreadsheet showing the amount you are claiming and including the interest. Have you done a spreadsheet yet?

If they still fail to refund then you issue in court using form N1.

Have a read around the bank forums as there are many threads which will have details on how to go about issuing.

Just had a go with the spreadsheet you sent me. The figures have now come out at £10,800.11pence......Is this correct?? The total charges were £340. I have based the dates from the start of the original loan upto yesterday 25th Nov.As with most people when they are in a position of going to court or not, you start to get a bit apprehensive about it. What are the cost's involved in going to court whether you wion or lose?Any help much appreciated....

Select "Go Advanced" -> "Manage Attachments" -> "Add Files" -> "Select Files" and select the spreadsheet file from your computer.

Then select "Upload Files".

All you need to do then is drag the file to the lower "Attachments" pane and hit the "Insert Inline" button.

Ok Here's the spreadsheet

[ATTACH]39650[/ATTACH]

This goes back quite a way then :lol:

So yes the figures are correct.

However, the costs of £200 should come out....they were probably costs for legal matters?

This will still bring your claim to over £5,000 and what I would do is adjust the interest rate so that it comes below the £5k mark for small claims court if you have to go that far.

I have ammended the spreadsheet and it is now below the 5K mark. The letter i received says theydo not uphold the claim because the tarrif of charges was given to me when i signed up for the loan (it wasnt). If so shouldnt this have been enclosed with the SAR ifo?Also they say the charges were explained in the corresondance they sent when advising me of late payments etc. Im assuming these letters should have been included in the SAR (they were not).So I have drafted up a LBA and will send today. Can someone explain the court costs involved?If someone would like to view it first and advise me of any errors then i would be greatfull.thanksDGS