House clawback ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4208 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hope this in the correct part of Forum.

My Mother went into hospital with a urine infection and has slight Parkinsons.

She was with the aid of a zimmer and my sisters help able to get around the house.

Due to the fact my sisiter also has her own problems (bone cancer) it was decided initially to provide a care service at home for my Mother on her return there.

Her bed was to be brought downstairs and carers would come in 3 times a day to hoist her in and out of bed etc.

However due to her deteriation in Hospital (the ward has a tummy bug) a "Social Worker" has now come on the scene stating. It would be best if my Mother was to go for 6 weeks into a Nursing/Care Home as it's now felt that "they" could not supply adequate care at her home.

I suspect that this is a ploy to get her permanently of their books and into the Care Home system.

She would have to pay for the Care in a "Home". However my 50 yr old sister has always lived with my Mother and the question was asked "Does my Mother have her own home"

Ans. "yes"

So to finally get to the point. How does my sister stand. Will they force the house to be sold etc, or does my sister have any rights to what is "her family home" or just kick her out.

She herself is on DLA etc due to her conditions.

Advice appreciated.

Peter