Buchanan Clark and wells chasing greenwood loan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My flat mate has just received a letter from Bcw saying as he has ignored their letter if he doesn't contact them then they will get a ccj against him.

He owes £210.

Can they do this?

Should he contact them and just make suitable payments to clear the debt or are they just threatening?

He hasn't got a job at the moment and is on jsa. What should he do?

No.because bcw most likely don't own the debt. It will just be a standard threatening letters. He will get the " someone is coming round" letter next.

If he is on jsa I doubt he can afford to make payments. He could say he is just making token £1 token payments

Ok ill tell him.

I was a bit worried a I have a 7 month old and home and don't want threats and bailiffs at the door.

Also didn't want his credit affecting mine.

He said nothing to worry about as he's had a debt before and nothing was done but I just worry about these things.

Thanks for your help. :)

Hi,

My flat mate has just received a letter from Bcw saying as he has ignored there letter if he doesn't contact them then they will get a ccj against him. He owes £210. Can they do this? Should he contact them and just make suitable payments to clear the debt or are they just threatening? He hasn't got a job at the moment and is on jsa. What should he do?

Before going off making offers of payment or thinking about court and bailiffs more detail will help the team advise.

1. What is the debt for.

2 Is BCW just collecting the debt or do now own it.

3. Check credit reference files.

Various thing may be appropriate CCJ request, prove it letter etc.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Yes more info needed please,

Who was the original creditor?

What is this for? Loan, Overdraft, credit card?

How old is it, when was it opened and how?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Ok just checked with him,

he says its with greenwood personal credit

it was for a loan he had about 2 years ago

original amount was £350 but stopped paying as he couldn't afford it anymore.

How would he know if they Own the debt or just acting as debt collectors?

He has looked at his credit score a couple of months ago and it said there is a default on there for none payment.

Check the letter, does it say on behalf of their client for example.?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

It says

Despite repeated requests for payment for your overdue debt, in the sum of £210 with our clients greenwood personal credit above remains outstanding. Accordingly, we now intend to recommend to our clients to consider the possibility of further action on your account,

Options open to our clients would be to consider:

1) application to the court to obtain a county court judgement/decree. If successful the balance could then be subject to further fees and costs being applied.

2) if a county court judgement/decree was granted and it remained unpaid then they could apply to the court for further enforcement action, such as attachment of earnings/earnings arrestment or a warrant of execution.

So I'm guessing they don't own the debt they are working on behalf of greenwood.

door step loan then

there will be a name against the default

that wiill be the owner.

i doubt BCW would touch a doorstep loan with a bargeploe.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

A request made under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 sections 77/78 for the production of a copy of the original signed and executed credit agreement a £1 statutory fee is payable, the DCA has 12+2 working days to reply, use the template letter from the CAG library send RD to the Compliance Manager at BCW.

With this type of loan the paperwork is not always properly completed so a copy of the agreement is needed tosee if it is valid.

DON'T SIGN IT! All you need do is print his name.

Send it to BCW along with a £1 postal leaving it blank, expect them to reply with the standard response that it should be sent to the OC direct, classic stalling tactic and will allow you to place the account in dispute.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Thank you for your help.

My flat mate has had a family emergency so he had to go away for a couple of weeks so unfortunately we haven't got very far with this.

He's back now and I will try and sit down with him this weekend to try and sort this out and get this letter written.

He has just checked his credit report and the debt now says default 6/2/12.

This isn't correct, he only moved into my house in jan and nothing has come to our address until now and he said he hasn't acknowledge the debt.

Last time was when he paid the last amount to them wHich was back in 2011.

Why have they changed the default date?

Does he now have to go by this date or by the datehe actually defaulted?

I presume the letter we will get back from them will not state the default date only the agreement (if signed).

Sorry for the questions I just want to make sure he is sorting this correctly and I want to get my head round it too so I can help.

Please explain why the default date is wrong, what was the date on previous cra files please?

Can you post up a redacted copy of the file entry please?