Claiming charges back from welcome

hur575
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4239 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I took £2000 loan from welcome in 2007, I was paying by direct debit, and only missed two payments due direct debit problem when I changed a bank but as soon as I found out I paid the amount owed at the time.

As far as I was aware I was paying by direct debit every month, and I was trying hard not to miss a payment because of their charges. Three months before I finished the loan, I got called by them to tell me that I have to pay extra and the term was used “ to bring account up to date” I really misunderstood what the person has said, and paid extra on top of my monthly payment, thinking that I will finish the loan early.

I assumed I was done with this expensive loan; I was shocked to see that they have taken more payments so I called them to complain. I was informed that my account is not up to date and I still owe them £500!!!! I was so angry, and explained that I pay by direct debit, and never missed a payment except the two payments that was rectified there and then, the person was so rude and insisted I owed them, and then said I actually called you two months ago to bring the account to date! I explained that I misunderstood her, and she need to check my account as I have been paying, so she told me she will check and get back to me.

She called back with a polite tone this time, and told me the shocking news that, my direct debit dates has been adjusted, which meant I was always paying late every month which incurred these extra payments! I was really angry, and I don’t remember changing the dates but I paid the full amount then to clear this ugly debts.

I have successfully claimed my ppi through FSCS. My question can I claim those charges, and is there any success stories regarding this ?? I have been reading the forum but I can only find PPI stories. Do I have any chance on this ?

Thanks for your reply; I only have one statement for few months. I will ask for full statement, I am not sure what I will find but as I explained I never missed payments, my direct debits dates was adjusted, so I was incurring extra interests every month. I was never told of this, so there was only two calls one when my direct debits was not set and another nearer the term to ask me for extra payments. The loan term was 36 months so if I paid every month on time I should have finished it on time but I have paid about £700 extra on top of my monthly payments, and only found out at the end of the term.

Thanks for your reply; I only have one statement for few months. I will ask for full statement, I am not sure what I will find but as I explained I never missed payments, my direct debits dates was adjusted, so I was incurring extra interests every month. I was never told of this, so there was only two calls one when my direct debits was not set and another nearer the term to ask me for extra payments. The loan term was 36 months so if I paid every month on time I should have finished it on time but I have paid about £700 extra on top of my monthly payments, and only found out at the end of the term.

hi..can i ask how long did it take you to get your ppi back...i put in a claim with them..28th july this year..2012...xx and good luck with them...

hi..can i ask how long did it take you to get your ppi back...i put in a claim with them..28th july this year..2012...xx and good luck with them...

I think it took three months, but when I realised it took more than the 8 weeks promised time. I called them. I have moved, and I was asked to supply proof of address, I then received a letter to say they are looking at my case, and about two weeks from that ,the money was in my bank.

I think it took three months, but when I realised it took more than the 8 weeks promised time. I called them. I have moved, and I was asked to supply proof of address, I then received a letter to say they are looking at my case, and about two weeks from that ,the money was in my bank.

thankyou very much..i sent off the proof of address and id recorded delivery they received them yesterday..so hopefully wont be long...thanks again..