Enhanced CRB Check Advice

Dunker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4233 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, hope someone can give me some advice on this.

Basically came out of the army and now my local police force is recruiting.

20 years ago I had a IN10 (driving with no insurance) and an £80 fine. Took the risk of moving a friends car and got caught.

Wondering if anyone knows if driving offences show up on the enhanced crb check ?

cheers

Hi everyone, hope someone can give me some advice on this.

Basically came out of the army and now my local police force is recruiting.

20 years ago I had a IN10 (driving with no insurance) and an £80 fine. Took the risk of moving a friends car and got caught.

Wondering if anyone knows if driving offences show up on the enhanced crb check ?

cheers

I would just say, as somebody that has just joined as a Special Comstable, checks by the police aren't just an "enhanced crb check". They check for any informations whatsoever on the PNC. So the chances are, yes this will show up. The question on the application form clearly states that you must declare absolutely any involvement with the police.

Cheers, thought it would show up.

I would have stated it on the applicatio, although prob just a waste of time as it does say that you wont be considered if you have had any convictions.

cheers

This 20 years on is unlikely to have any impact on an application.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

This 20 years on is unlikely to have any impact on an application.

I thought that also, although a mate applied alst year but he had a conviction for assault around 15 years ago and it showed up. The way I was thinking was that as it was a motoring offence and different from an assualt etc....it might not be recorded or removed especially after that time.

cheers

If it does show I don't think it's looked on as being as serious as a disqualification.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

It is almost certain that it WILL show on an E-CRB, but should not present a barrier to joining the Police due to the time that has elapsed. An Enhanced check includes details of all convictions whether spent or otherwise plus Cautions and potentially even allegations or investigations which were never followed up.

Disclosure, however, is about assessing the RISK that you may pose, so it is more about the type of conviction, your age at the time, the circumstances, and the length of time ago that the conviction occurred. Clearly a conviction for Assault a couple of years ago, or a string of incidents, would be far more relevant than a (relatively) minor motoring conviction many years ago.

There is some useful guidance here http://www.jointhejob.com/index.php?categoryid=20 which suggests that convictions of this type which occurred more than five years ago are not likely to be a major handicap, however you do need to be honest if asked about previous convictions, as the E-CRB will almost certainly disclose them.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!