Studio24 & next

Desmondo1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just discovered to my Horror that my partner has been struggling to pay Studio24 & Next for a number of years. To the point that she stopped paying them one year ago. She has significant debt with both companies and having viewed the statements online as far as possible she has been getting charged £20 default and £30+ service charges almost every month from studio either due to being unable to pay the full amount or paying late and in the last year not at all. I do not know the exact details for next but is this is similar its looking like the bulk of the debt has been charges.

We are looking at £1200 for Studio24 and about £1000 with next. Both have been passed to DCA's but her head has been in the sand and i have only found out.

What's the best way to deal with these debts i think she had the accounts from about 2009 and what is the service charge for is this over and above interest? Seems a bit excessive if it is and i thought default charges were reduced to around £12.

:mad2:

Hi Freakyleaky, should i be requesting a copy of the agreement or would that be included with the SAR, am i correct in understanding that if they do not have a valid signed agreement the debts are unenforcable. Sorry if I am jumping the gun just been reading lots on the site and i am getting a tad confused.

Hi thanks again for your reply, This just gets worse i have just had a company called MMS on the phone i think they are a Glasgow DCA stating they will be calling. I noted in the library there are 2 SAR letter one aimed towards reclaiming charges and the other towards debts. I think I am best using the debt one although i would be wanting to reclaim the charges also. I have read similar threads about studio 24 but nothing is that clear accept the calculator tool for working out the charges and interest. How do i fend of the DCA's in the meantime, should i deny the debts until i have sorted something out with the companies themselves?

I will send both companies a SAR with the £10 they need then work out what her charges are etc. Then reclaim the charges before making any repayment plan.

Spoke with the missus at length regarding this, we agree we will send of SAR's tomorrow with the template on the site. She believes both have significant charges will the companies provide all statements detailing the charges after we pay the £10. Even if the charges being waved or removed this would help significantly and reduce the amount we need to repay.

:thumb:

It is also so refreshing to hear that you sat down with your missus and discussed it, it is so important to be open with your partner about these things and not lay blame but to deal with it together and get it sorted. Trying to deal with these things on your own and not telling your partner does tend to make them 'bigger' and harder to deal with.

good luck

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

I have just posted crossed postal orders for the SAR's.

I am trying to think of the best way to get these cleared if and when i get the charges refunded. Do i need to additionally CCA these companies or will these be included with the paperwork from the SAR request. My thinking as stated is to get the charges back if i can. I have a little saved so was thinking of approaching these companies with full and final payment offers after xmas to get them off her back, i see there is a letter in the library. What sort of discount am i likely to get if any? Does anyone have any experience on this, in particular with catalogue companies. I recall about 16 years ago when i was younger getting myself in a bit of a pickle with credit cards and setting up a repayment plan then when i could. I offered full and final payments which most creditors took at 50% but one did not that was HSBC who in the end, ended up with nothing as I left the country.