Sofaland and the squeaky sofa!

sploits
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4229 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm posting this on behalf of a work colleague.

He recently bought a sofa from a company called Sofaland (bought 13th August 2012). He got himself a nice 3 seater and 2 seater. The sofas were delivered and everything was fine.

Within a few weeks the 2 seater sofa started squeaking badly. He got in touch with Sofaland and they sent out an engineer to try and repair it. He couldn't fix it and said it looked like a manufacturer design flaw and it was defective. Away the engineer went and my colleague contacted Sofaland a few days later (giving them time to get the report), they said they would get back to him. A week passed so my colleague called the store he bought the sofa from and spoke to the salesman. The salesman basically 'fobbed' him off and said somebody else was dealing with it. More phone calls happened to the store and again he was 'fobbed' off. He then contacted the company head office via email and they sent out an email with their apologies saying that an engineer needed to go and view the sofa (not sure why as the engineer had already been out!). That email was sent to my colleague back in September. To date nothing else has happened. My friend is stuck with a defective sofa and Sofaland seem to refuse to do anything about it.

What is the best course of action to go down to get this resolved?

Kind regards,

Sploits

<----------- If I have helped in any way please click on my scales :p

Im not sure how it was paid (wont find out until Monday) but I dont think thats an option my colleague wants to take. Him and his wife love the sofa and just want it fixed or replaced. Its only a few months old so is covered by the manufacturers warranty. Im thinking the furniture osbudsman might be the best port of action (after reading a few similar threads like this).

Thank you for your input though

<----------- If I have helped in any way please click on my scales :p