Drydensfairfax served court papers - ***Claim Discontinued***

dogbert21
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4046 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

n244 would be a separate application for court to strike out. generally on that, they would prob do an unless order similar to the direction request above unless court considers that it should be struck straight away on consideration of the application and circumstances. up to you. perhaps wait see what one of the 'veterans' suggest?

Edited by Ford

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, please can someone offer some advice on the attached AQ that I have received from Arrow Global:-

Section A1: AG have ticked "yes" to settle the claim before the hearing - do I read into this that their claim is not as strong as they would like me to think or is this just proceedure?

Section A2: Does this mean that I have at least a month before any hearing?

Section C: "Full details have been provided to the defendant" All I have had is the PoC.

Section D:Have you made any application(s) in this claim -"no" not sure what this means?

Witness to the facts "contract/debt" Is this contract the CCA that I have still not been provided? (a fact that I have stated on my AQ to the court).

Many thanks Dogbert

PS. I am in the process of applying for PPI/unfair charges from MBNA/previous card provider.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40407[/ATTACH]

Edited by dogbert21
file not uploaded

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40417[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]40416[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]40415[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]40414[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]40413[/ATTACH]

Had to upload on this post as had attachement issue on post above....sorry

Hi Dogbert responding to your PM.

Hi, please can someone offer some advice on the attached AQ that I have received from Arrow Global:-

Section A1: AG have ticked "yes" to settle the claim before the hearing - do I read into this that their claim is not as strong as they would like me to think or is this just proceedure? Mediation is always encouraged by the Courts by both parties

Section A2: Does this mean that I have at least a month before any hearing? Not necessarily the process varies on how busy the Courts are

Section C: "Full details have been provided to the defendant" All I have had is the PoC. CPR not responded to then

Section D:Have you made any application(s) in this claim -"no" not sure what this means? Claimant has not made any applications (usually for Summary Judgment)

Witness to the facts "contract/debt" Is this contract the CCA that I have still not been provided? (a fact that I have stated on my AQ to the court). Yes

Many thanks Dogbert

PS. I am in the process of applying for PPI/unfair charges from MBNA/previous card provider.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the response to my PM/AQ questions. You are correct, I have had no response to my CPR request so have no visibility of what AG are claiming as a contract, can AG still get a win in court if they cannot produce a contract?

Just awaiting a response from the court now.

Many Thanks

Dogbert

Depends on the age of agreement pre 2007 they cant use a reconstituted version it must be the original to enforce.....but you will be at the mercy of the DJ and if he applies the law.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Hi Andy, not sure how I stand with this, MBNA took over this account from Beneficial Bank in 2008, original card was aquired in the 1990s and MBNA have already stated that they do not have the agreement. This is where it is getting tricky with the PPI claim as can't find address for original Beneficial bank card provider.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have now got my court allocation through for May and a form for mediation. I have got some questions regarding this:-

1. Do I have to agree to mediation?

2. What info/docs do I need to provide to the claimant/court?

3. Looking at the allocation form, it suggests that AGG need to provide me with a copy of my CCA by end of Feb?

4. I am still awaiting info from PPI claim, I am assuming that this would be one of the docs I would have to provide to the claimant/court?

Still not sure what to expect when I attend court...anyone got any first hand experience of this?

Many Thanks

Dogbert

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41007[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]41006[/ATTACH]

Hi all,

I have now got my court allocation through for May and a form for mediation. I have got some questions regarding this:-

1. Do I have to agree to mediation? You would be acting unreasonable not to

2. What info/docs do I need to provide to the claimant/court? Anything referred to or relied on within your defence/or Witness Statements.

3. Looking at the allocation form, it suggests that AGG need to provide me with a copy of my CCA by end of Feb? No both parties are to exchange documents they wish to rely on as in (2) above

4. I am still awaiting info from PPI claim, I am assuming that this would be one of the docs I would have to provide to the claimant/court? Your PPI claim is a separate entity and nothing to do with their claim unless you have made a counter claim

Still not sure what to expect when I attend court...anyone got any first hand experience of this?

Many Thanks

Dogbert

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41007[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]41006[/ATTACH]

Regards

Andy

You must do what you feel most confident and comfortable with Dogbert......Litigation is not for everyone.

Regards

Andy

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what to expect with mediation?

I know it involves a session of phone calls over approx 1 hour, but what am I likely to be asked and how do I politely say see you in court if I don't agree with what is being proposed? - I don't want to agree to something that I will regret later - as has happened in the past!

Thanks

Dogbert

Mediation is a completely voluntary and confidential form of alternative dispute resolution. It involves an independent, impartial person helping two or more individuals or groups reach a solution that's acceptable to everyone. The mediator can talk to both sides separately or together. Mediators do not make judgments or determine outcomes - they ask questions that help to uncover underlying problems, assist the parties to understand the issues and help them to clarify the options for resolving their difference or dispute.

If you cant reach agreement then you/claimant inform the court the claim is proceeding.

Well, mediation has been completed with no resolution, the mediator asked how he could help me so I said I would like a copy of my CCA as one had never provided by MBNA or by Arrow Global when requested. Without this I have no idea what my T&C' s were on this account, the interest payable on the balance, what the charges were etc. I stated that this account was in dispute with MBNA when it was sold and would remain in dispute until I get a breakdown of the balance owed and a copy of my CCA. Arrow Global told the moderator that they will provide a copy of my CCA in 2-3 days but would not provide a breakdown of costs.

I got an email from the moderator confirming what AG had said but he also detailed all the extra costs that would be added to the total award if AG win in court - never said what I could claim if I win!

Would like some help regarding preparing for my day in court - what do I need to read up on and what do I need to be saying to the judge in my defence. Do I just state what I sent into Northampton CC online as my defence?

Lets wait until the CCA materialises then Dogbert then we can sharpen up for the fight.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andy,

It has been over 2 weeks since my mediation and yet again AG have failed to deliver a copy of my CCA as promised. Do I email the mediator back and point this out just for the record?

Cheers

Dogbert

Not much point really Dog the mediator is only a go between you can request disclosure as the claim proceeds.

Regards

Andy