Cricket club access

spikes62
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all got a bit of a problem at my local cricket club, i am chairman and our access to the club house has been banned ie locks changed by the sports and social club, mainly football club members, who feel that because we have had a bad season, weather, we have not contributed to the finance of the club house. we have passed all our income to the sports and social club for the season 2012. we have been playing at the ground since 1946, the same amount of time as the football club. The sports and socail club was set up 6 yrs ago by both cricket and football clubs. all the members of the SSC represent football. what im asking is what could anybody do if we replaced the locks again but gave them a key to gain access to the club house, would this be a police matter or civil matter. where do we stand. thanks for any advice or if you have questions please ask me .:sad:

Hello spikes62, welcome to the CAG.

Enjoy your visit, but take some time to look around the forum and understand where everything is.

It can seem confusing at first but you will start to find your way round and to understand what a helpful community we are.

You haven't received any replies to your post yet. Try posting your query again in a relevant sub-foum. You will get the help and support you need there.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

If you tried changing the locks and the clubhouse does not belong to you it could IMO be classed as at the very least criminal damage.

First of all you have to establish what the agreement/contract is with the SSC as to the use of the club house, do you have a lease/is it owned by both the football and cricket clubs/ do the SSC have control over who uses the clubhouse or not.

Once you have a bit more info I am sure there wil be people who can advise as to your next step.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.