Lease extension and average ground rent on a lease hold flat

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4226 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I am about to start the process of extending the lease on my flat (currently at 73 years). I am not sure whether to go down ther formal or informal route yet. Is there a difference in cost? If the cost is the same I think the formal route would be best as I get a longer lease and peppercorn ground rent.

I don't have the valuation to extend the lease yet but I have made an inital enquiry and the Freeholder/landlord has recoommended extending to 99 years with a £250 a year ground rent. Is £250 a reasonable and standard ground rent for a converted 1 bed flat in Brighton? I have heard conflicting opinions from local extate agents. Some say £150 is more accurate.

Any advice on the formal or informal route costs and ground rent would be very welcome. The Lease advisory service were a bit vague.

Thanks

Jay

Hello and Welcome,

I've moved this thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi there.

Im quite aquainted with Landlord & Tenant law but alas not really lease extensions. Perhaps try visiting LandlordZone forums which has many members more knowledagble in such things) or find a local solicitor/surveyor/expert in such matters (the Lease site has a list i believe).

Andy

• Haha 1