IND Last letter - Now County court claim form

bigdude007
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4103 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In late September I received a two page letter from IND with "Last letter before legal proceedings" on page one and a statement on the second page. The letters refer to a debt with Barclays bank Plc t/a Sky Card.

This morning (23/10/12) I received a claim form from Northampton court.

Particulars of claim:

The claimant is the asignee of a debt from Barclays Bank Plc t/a Sky Card. Notice of assignment was provided to the defendant by the claimant in writing. Despite demand for payment the assigned debt remains due. The claimant complied with Section III and IV and Annex B of the PD Pre-action Conduct.

And the claimant claims:

Credit card account number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx balance of 1,900 as of xx/xx/08

Interest under s69 of the County Court Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from xx/xx/08 to xx/xx/12 of 700 and also the interest at the same rate up to the date of judjement or earlier payment at a daily rate of 0.41 AND costs.

I have never received a "Notice of Assignment"

The credit limit on this card was £750 and the debt seems to be rather inflated.

Also the debt is in a shortened version of my name, does this matter at all?

Basically I'm looking for some advice for my next course of action.

Cheers for any help

Edited by bigdude007

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

have a read around forum.

are you defending?

eg http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?159445-Getting-Them-To-Reveal-Their-Vitals.-Using-CPR-31.14-to-Your-Advantage

any missold ppi? amount disputed?

valid default notice?

4 years worth of statutory s69 interest may be regarded as unreasonable. up to judge to decide though, if there is judgment against. challenge if gets that far. costs? wouldn't this be small claims ie limited costs!

Edited by Ford

hegarty's - but the reply you will get bakc is that this is allocated to the small claims there fore cpr31.x does not apply - this is their usual response, so be prepared to send of the cpr 31.15?, if I could find my thread i would point you to it, but it seems to have disappeared with most other threads relating to this crowd

hegarty's - but the reply you will get bakc is that this is allocated to the small claims there fore cpr31.x does not apply - this is their usual response, so be prepared to send of the cpr 31.15?, if I could find my thread i would point you to it, but it seems to have disappeared with most other threads relating to this crowd

There you go PGH :- http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?325003-IND-debt-collector-**-Court-Papers-Issued-**-**-WON-WITH-COSTS-**&highlight=

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Excellent, Thanks guy.

Bit worrying as I've never had to deal with this before

Acknowledgement of service done online. Sending my CPR to Heg tomorrow.

From what I have read of the thread it looks like it could be a long drawn out process

Edited by bigdude007

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys, back again.

Been reading through threads on this site and others to try and clarify my next steps. Unfortunately it's just confused me more.

It's been over a week since they received my CPR request and I've heard nada back.

Do I now put in an embarrassed defence?

Do I apply for a SO?

Irrespective of any response or lack of Bigdude you must submit your defence on time...this is what they rely upon for Default Judgment.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

33 days (5 deemed served so 28 (14 to AoS and if defending another 14 days to submit your defence)

I refer to it as an holding defence in the absence of documentation and a debt you are unfamiliar with or disputed or aggrieved.

Andy

Been looking at a few posts and other POC seem go have a lot more substance to them.

I've never received a default notice.

I've never received a notice of assignment.

Can anyone direct me to a thread that would be helpful for my holding defence?

Particulars of claim:

1.The claimant is the assignee of a debt from Barclays Bank Plc t/a Sky Card. Notice of assignment was provided to the defendant by the claimant in writing. Despite demand for payment the assigned debt remains due. The claimant complied with Section III and IV and Annex B of the PD Pre-action Conduct.

2.And the claimant claims:

Credit card account number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx balance of 1,900 as of xx/xx/08

interest under s69 of the county court Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from xx/xx/08 to xx/xx/12 of 700 and also the interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of 0.41 AND costs.

Defence

Unless otherwise stated references to paragraph numbers assigned by the defendant to the Particulars of Claim which consisted of unnumbered paragraphs.

1. Paragraph 1 is not admitted or denied as such matters are not within the Defendant's knowledge with regards to any Assignment.The Claimant has never issued a Notice of Assignment and has failed to respond to a request under CPR31.14 to furnish any such Notice.

2. Paragraph 1 is denied with regards to any demand being made the Claimant is in no position to make demand until Notice of Assignment has been served.

3. Paragraph 1 is denied with regards to the claimant claim they have followed any Pre Action Protocol.

4. Paragraph 2 is denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement with the Claimant; and

(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

© show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

5. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

6. On the alternative, if the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

7.By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

Edit to suit.

Regards

Andy

• 1 month later...

Wotcha guys, basically looking for some more advice. Mainly what's on the horizon and what to expect.

I got a letter from Northampton saying my defence had been filed (cheers again Andy).

Is it a case of "wait out" or is there something I should be doing?

28 days to respond or the matter will be stayed.If they respond you will receive an AQ (Allocation Questionnaire) and the claim will then be transferred to your local County Court.

• 2 weeks later...

cheers Andy. sorry it took me so long to thank you, but other things had taken over priority wise.

A couple of interesting developments have occurred, well 1 expected & 1 interesting.

The expected development is I have received an AQ.

The other I would prefer not to put on here as IND are watching apparently.

Perhaps PM me then BigDude

Evening guys,

I'm now going through the process of filling in the AQ that was sent to me. It has to be back by the 28th December(handy with all the bank holidays).

After receiving the paperwork I requested on my CPR I have a couple of questions.

Would the Default notice be the letter that goes along the lines of

"Please find attached statement of your account with 1st Credit (Finance) Limited. Your outstanding balance is seriously overdue and should pay immediately"?

The assignment notice was sent to an address I once lived at in 2010, it was sent July 2011stating that the account was assigned in August 2008. Is this normal for such a big break in having it assigned and been given notice of it?

The claim form from Northampton has a different account number to the account number on the notice of assignment. They should match surely.