Harassment from Capquest

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello I'm new to this forum and am hoping someone can give me some advice.

For a couple of months now I've had telephone calls from this company (I originally thought they were trying to make me use them for a PPI claim) so I avoided the telephone calls. They have rung me on three different numbers now (traced back to them) many times during the day, sometimes as much as 20 times until 9pm.

Last week they left a message on my answering machine asking me to phone an 0870 number but the message was garbled so the full number wasn't given. Then a few days ago I accidentally picked up the phone and I was asked if I was a female name that they were trying to get hold of who lives in the same city as I do, although no where near where I live. I told them no, that they had got the wrong number and to please desist phoning me again and to take my number off their list. I have had further calls from them again and today my brother picked up the phone and was asked the same question in relation to this lady. They keep ringing back.

When I first realised it was Capquest, I panicked because I'm very ill at the moment and do not need any stress, but I've read about the tactics of this firm and how they fail to abide with requests to stop ringing. Just to make sure there was nothing suspicious with my credit information, I checked my details and that of my brother who lives here as my carer just to confirm nothing untoward with identity theft via a credit reference agency. Both our details came back clear. I have lived at my property for 30 years plus and the telephone number has been attached to my family (firstly my mother, now deceased and latterly me for 16 years) for as long as we've lived in the house.

I'm assuming that they have the wrong telephone number or have been given my number as a false number. I am loathed to write to them and offer my details, but is there any way I can stop them from ringing me as it is having a detrimental affect on my health? This is harassment but I don't know how to phrase a letter to them to ask them to stop ringing me. Is there a template letter I could use as I'm at my wits end.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Hello Penguinita, welcome to the CAG.

Enjoy your visit, but take some time to look around the forum and understand where everything is.

It can seem confusing at first but you will start to find your way round and to understand what a helpful community we are.

You haven't received any replies to your post yet. Try posting your query again in a relevant sub-foum. You will get the help and support you need there.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks for moving my thread to the correct sub-group Honeybee. I wasn't sure where to post it and the advice upon registering, suggested posting initially in the welcome thread, so I did.

Hopefully I'll get some advice soon.

Hi Penguinita,

Obviously as they've already proven it is not you that they are looking for, there's no need to panic or be concerned with this. Theyre more than likely conducting trace enquiries. But as for the frequency and amount of calls you've been receiving, the first thing you need to do is document every call, times / dates etc. Tally up as best you can the amount of calls you've received.

The next time CQ call, simply express that the person they are looking for has never lived at this address, and as they have called x amount of times, you consider this harassment and unless your number is removed from their database immediately, you will report them to the Information Commissioners Office, Office of Fair Trading and Trading Standards. This should make them realise that you will not tolerate harrassment and would usually be enough to stop the calls.

If calls continue from there, then its time to get heavy with these clowns.

The main thing to remember, is that they are not looking for you, they have no relationship to you and as such you really have no need to stress over their calls. Trust me, CapQuest are not worth losing sleep over. :|