Lowell Portfolio Collecting A Debt and Defaulted Me on Old o2 debt - What Should I Do

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4254 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After checking my credit file, i

t appears that either o2 or Lowell defaulted me in 2008 for non-payment of £46 mobile phone bill.

However I'm pretty certain that I paid my bill entirely and never received notice of a default. So,

1) How do I find out who issued the default, how can I get them to prove that I owed the money, and how can I get them to prove they sent the default letter out.

2) If they cannot provide a CCA, does that automatically mean the default should be removed?

Also, they are chasing me for payment on a credit card debt. I owe just under £5k. I had been paying a nominal monthly sum through MyVesta but that stopped in Feb 2012. I have no way of paying the amount I owe. What should I do next? Should I hit them with a request for the Consumer Credit Agreement?

1) Official written complaint to 02 - copy to Lowell. Once complaint registered, Lowell have to stop collection activity.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mobile%29,CASE=13668

2) Credit Card debt. Send Lowell a CCA request and ask for an up to date statement of account.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?414-CCA-request-letter.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

When and how did you take out the credit card? If it was post 2007 and online then a CCA request will be pointless. Besides paperwork arguments are are pretty much defunct now. Any PPI or charges on it that you can reclaim??

As for the Moby debt, what does your credit file say? Whose name is next to the default?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I took out the credit card in 2001. I can't remember whether it was online or a paper application. I will ask for the CCA and report back here. My credit file shows Lowell as defaulting me. Do I complain to Lowell and ask for default proof and proof of debt, or submit it to o2 and send copies to Lowell?

CCA for CC is spot on, they will need to supply you with a copy of the original agreement from 2001, so £1 postal order and they have 12+2 days to reply then you can stop paying if they fail!

Complain to O2, ignore Lowell, they can't do anything anyway.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!