Car towed - Wandsworth council. help please!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4235 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Was visiting my daughter in Earlsfield (wandsworth) from manchester. I parked on main high street and very stupidly mis-read the parking pay and display machine. totally my fault - i read it as payable between 10am and 4pm but did not realise that it was no parking/no loading or unloading outside of these hours. so i payed the parking fee and put the sticker on my windscreen. when i returned at 4.40 my car had been removed. initially thought it had been stolen cos still didnt realise my mistake re parking times. however someone in a shop had seen it being removed "about 10 - 15 mins earlier". my question is - obviously i DID park in a no parking/loading area at that time - but are they allowed to issue a pcn at 4.18pm and tow the car away almost immediately? it must have been removed at about 4.25-4.30. The pcn was given to me when i picked up the car from the pound but i have no information about the actual removal of the car. also the pcn was given to me in perfet condition - doesn't seem to have ever been stuck to the car? is it worth me appealing for the £200 removal fee? I have paid the £55 pcn fee as well - had to pay the full amount to get the car back, although i do not dispute the pcn fee!

any help would be appreciated.

I believe there is some possible errors made by the council regarding making you pay for the PCN as well and not giving you the oportunity to challenge it (whether you think it's valid or not). Other more experienced CAGgers know more about this than me but I'm not sure any of them ar posting currently since the forum was changed to NMAG which is a shame for all of us :(