Thames Credit Debt that isn't mine

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4234 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently checked my credit file and have discovered something that I don't understand.

It is under the heading Thames Credit HBOS

it is a bank account that was opened in 1998

- with an opening balance of £634 and a current balance of £868.

I didn't open a bank account around this time and I also definitely wasn't in debt at this time.

What can I do about it?

All the entries are starting in Dec 2008

D - then US or D until September this year.

Thanks

thames credit are in certain guises a DCA

they are aktiva capital under sheeps clothing i think.

so they've brought an old hbos debt

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Have you ever banked with any part of the HBOS group?

Check the other CRAs if they are all showing this debt place a notice of dispute on the entries.

I suggest that you then send the following letter to the Data Controller at HBOS at their head office with screen prints of the CRA entries.

Dear Sir or Madam.

FORMAL COMPLAINT.

I have recently checked my credit reference files with the following agencies and have found an entry made by HBOS regarding a current account in my name (screen prints attached) the account apprently was started on xx xx xxxx and was defaulted on xx xx xxxx please take note I do not acknowledge any debt to HBOS or any company within that group.

I am not now nor ever have been a customer of HBOS and recognise no obligation or liability for any allged debt.

I demand that you now remove all adverse data from all credit reference files to which you have reported this ficticious debt, please note I have not at any time received any correspondence regarding this alleged debt.

I also expect and require HBOS to compensate me for the damage done to my credit profile and for the costs and time dealing with this matter.

If HBOS fail to responded timely and properly regarding this matter reports will be made to the OFT, the Information Commissioners Office and the Financial Ombudsman Service without further reference to HBOS.

This letter is sent by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery and receipt wil be tracked.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks very much for your replies. I will send off a letter to the Data Controller at HBOS. I will change it a bit as I actually have been a customer between about 2004 and 2009, when I had a Halifax account.

When you say place a notice of dispute how would I go about doing that? I have written to "checkmyfile" which is where I saw the entries (using the messaging system they have) - but their reply was to write to the companies who made the entries.

Thanks again for your help. It is such a relief to have people with knowledge advise me rather than thrash around myself getting tangled in the webs of admin!

Notice of dispute can be placed online by phone or in writting to theCRA.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

then if you had a halifax account then this will be right then.

somehow, AK/TC got ahold of it

prob find you got fleeced on bank charges

and thats what al the debt is.

nothing to pay me thinks

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...