Churchill Insurance (3 months repair)

da14
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4227 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Churchill car insurance

My mothers(whom is 72 years old) car was crashed into whilst parked and liability has been excepted by the third party. We asked Churchill if it would be possible to repair the car through our family mechanic whom we have used for years and is so reliable and trust worthy. They said all repairs must be through their authorised repair center (Uk Assistance Crawley). It has now been 3 months in repair, the car was sent back twice, and it is now worst than we sent it to them, we still have not had a engineer report for the exact work that has been carried out. They have claimed the engine is no longer any good, even though there was never any problem with the engine, the car has been well maintained.

I would suggest avoid Churchill Car Insurance and Uk Assistance Crawley.

Can someone please advise us what we should do now thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I can only but sympathise with you as I'm leaving Churchill in a fortnight to join a proper insurance company.

I kept getting pulled over in my car which is the only car I've insured with Churchill due to them not putting me on the MID as well as other issues.

All I can suggest is keep pictures of the car when it is returned and so on. You can ask them for details of all the work that has been done to the vehicle and so on.

Regards.

Churchill were a decent company, but have been affected by the problems affecting RBS Insurance. A lot of the staff they had with experience have been lost, when they were making cuts.

In regard to car in repair for 3 months, I would suggest that you get AA/RAC to carry out an inspection report and then ask Churchill to authorise repairs elsewhere. If Churchill mess you around, phone their Chief Executives office and complain.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread