o2 not delivering expectations

andy_b
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4252 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I am having some problems with o2 for broadband packages.

Firstly, I received a phone call from o2 when i registered an interest in broadband. The sales rep took me through the steps and i agreed to the works package as it was sold as the best package and unlimited broadband.

An engineer came round to setup the line and get me connected.

I subsequently found that i am getting around 2MB connection when I am paying for 16MB. I am also being charged for a New line to be fitted when there is no new line. I am also being charged for additional phone services which I did not want, need or specify when on the phone to the representative. I have requested that I be put down to the All rounder package which o2 havent sorted out yet. They are also saying that I cannot change packages to cut out the additional phone charges which i am not even using. I am also supposed to receive a static IP address which I have not received I now have a bill for £86 (with discounts) .

There is apparently a one month happiness guarantee which might help me here but I have no idea how to use it.

Any help is much appreciated. I am getting a bit tired of how these companies can "offload" the cost to the customer of such things that are already being paid for in the line rental! also the fact that I am using 1/8 of what I am paying for in bandwidth. Are there any regulations I can state to o2 which will help my cause?

o2's complaints code of practice is located here. It says:-

Complaints Code of Practice

At O2, we always try to make sure things run as smoothly as possible for our customers. If you're unhappy with any part of our service, please tell us.

Your complaints give us a chance to put things right and also means we can improve our service to you and our customers in future.

Our service teams are in the best position to deal with your complaint and should be the first people you contact. You can contact them by phone, letter or email. You can do this by clicking here

We'll look into your complaint immediately and aim to sort the issue out as fully as we can within five days. If something comes up that means it may take longer than this we’ll discuss this with you. If you're unhappy with our decision, ask for one of our team managers to investigate further.

We hope that we will have been able to sort out any problems by this stage. However, if you're still not satisfied after speaking to one of our managers and you'd like an impartial review, please write to:

O2 Complaint Review Service

PO BOX 302

DUNSTABLE

LU6 9GN

Alternatively you can email us directly at: complaintreviewservice@o2.com

or fax us on 0870 600 2402. We’ll aim to review your complaint within five working days.

Please include the following information:

• Your name and address
  • Your mobile and account numbers
  • A daytime contact number
  • A suggestion of what you'd like us to do to put things right

If you've had any previous correspondence relating to your complaint, please send copies of these as well as any names of supervisors and managers you've spoken to.

If we haven’t been able to sort things out within eight weeks, the ombudsman can review your complaint for free. Unless there is a deadlock situation, they won’t look at cases that are less than eight weeks old. Contact them directly at:

Ombudsman Services: Communications

PO Box 730

Warrington

WA4 6WU

Phone: 0845 050 1614

Textphone: 0845 051 1513

www.os-communications.org

Email: enquiries@os-communications.org

For information on your consumer rights, get free advice from your local citizens advice bureau (CAB), consumer advice centre, local authority trading standards or consumer protection department. You'll find their contact details in the local telephone directory or ask at your town hall or local authority offices.

Follow that, tell them that you feel you have been mis-sold. Personally, in your position I'd want :- "the 16 meg broadband that they quoted, as Ofcom have clearly stated that they need to provide the speed that they quote, a static IP address that was agreed and also and a refund of all bills whilst you have not been receiving the services that they agreed to."

If they make an offer that is not acceptable, come back here and we'll advise further :)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

This is the reply i got after much emailing....

Hi

I'm sorry that you had to write to us again about this issue.

Firstly I'd like to inform that you've got two contract with us. One for

broadband and the other home phone. Without the home phone we are unable

to give you the broadband service. You have to pay for the home phone

service even if you don't use it.

Your current bill of £73.29 is high because it's for more then a month

and the one time home phone installation fees of £43 is applied. You've

also been given a monthly discount of £11.25 on your broadband bills.

The maximum speed that your line can receive is 2 megs and not 16 megs.

The 16 megs is the up to speed which depends on the distance of the

exchange from your house. I'm sorry to inform that your speed cannot

reach 16 megs.

However, I'll inform the call team to get back to you tomorrow.

I hope this helps.

I'd reply that you were told the line would receive 16 meg, not "up to 16 meg". Also if you were not made aware of the installation charge, I'd point this out as you could've chosen service with a BT supplier and not had to pay this, and I would also point out that you specifically asked for a fixed IP and you are receiving a variable IP which is also not acceptable, and you would like to keep all communications in writing, as you have already been lied to over the phone.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar