NRAM mortgage/ lpa recevers nightmare...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4255 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well..

Moved from London back to Birmingham in 2008,

I owned my property so I approached an estate agent to find the tenants.

They did so, everything went swimimingly

until May 2011 when the tenants split up and the (lady) remained in the property.

She was receiving housing benefit so the rent was being paid.

In Sept 2011, she told me that her benefits were being reviewed and there has been an overpayment and that she will now be receiving £199.00 per month (rent is £770).

I spoke to NRAM and they told me to continue to pay what I can.

I paid £50 a month (Contractual mortgage £495.00).

In December 2011,

I started proceeding to evict the tenant Section 21B, Eviction notice, Baliff warrant etc, this was concluded in April 2012.

In the meantime NRAM started legal proceedings against me with a court date of 8 June 2012.

Tenant was out in May 2012, and I was able to arrange for the property to be leased for 3 years, guaranteeing rent

and they performed all the work to restore the property to its pre rental condition,

but the Leasers said that if the costs were above £2000 then I would have to pay the remainder which was £800.

With the court date looming I managed to convince NRAM that the going to court was not necessary given that I had leased the property out and their would be guaranteed rent.

I kept NRAM informed of everything that I was doing, including giving them the lease so that they knew how much I would be receiving in rent each month and the conditions.

The payments from the Lease agreement were due to start in July, but they started to collect my contributions towards the works they had done to the property.

This meant that I was not able to make the contractual mortgage payment because I didn't get anything from the rent.

I told NRAM and they asked me to provide evidence of the payment schedule which I did.

They won't accept it and have involved the official receivers.

I told NRAM that I didn't want Templetons involved

and on 3rd August I paid the contractual payment and have paid on time ever since.

I wrote to Templetons telling them that I will only deal with NRAM and that I had made a formal complaint to NRAM.

On the 8 Sept, I was informed by the leasers that baliffs had gained entry to my property with the intention to change the locks.

I contacted Templeton to ask them what is going on and they said that tenant had showed them the tenancy agreement

and that they were trying to get the tenant to pay the rent directly to them.

I think the council pays the Leaser so how the hell are they going to make the tenant pay directly to the official receivers?

I tried to get them to explain but they still seem hell bent on pursuing the tenant which seems ridiculous.

As it stands, Templetons have said that they don't have to give me updates on the property,

that they will start collecting rent from November and will continue to be involved until NRAM says so.

I want NRAM to de-instruct the official receivers,

do you have any advice on how I can get them to do this?

you are calling these official receivers are they actually lpa recevers. Any way check and double check all the paperwork looking for mistakes i.e dates etc. question them if you believe they are acting negligently point out spelling mistakes etc let them know you are watching over them. This type of receiver do not usually ask any questions they just work through a check list as quickly as possible to take control. my advice to anyone in a similar position, is to send a letter saying: i put you on notice that i intend to seek fiancial redress for any inappropriate actions.(this is powerful wording and they will take note) this will at least make them act cautiously, pick on the person signing the paperwork and let them know you mean business. its not nice i know but you have got to treat it as a game, pick on them, bully them back. Good luck

"if you are going through Hell, then keep on going"