lowells bankruptcy pertition *** dismissed ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4264 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Absolutely agree, stat demands should not be used as a debt collecting tool. If a stat demand is served, the creditor ought to be prepared to go all the way through with bankruptcy proceedings. If a creditor really wants to spend 2K making someone bankrupt then that's their prerogative, it's an entirely legitimate route to take. It's those who serve stat demands with no intention of ever issuing a bankruptcy petition that ought to be outlawed.

The government won't change the law on bankruptcies, it's a nice revenue stream for them. Even better when debtor's petitions become a purely administrative process with no requirement to go to court.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the amount a creditor can begin the bankruptcy process for should be considerably higher than £750. Having it this low makes issuing stat demands as a debt collection tool attractive to the grubby end of the debt industry (i.e. all of them). If it were, say £5k, they'd have to think twice. The current situation is almost as anachronistic as the bailiff system.

I think that the amount a creditor can begin the bankruptcy process for should be considerably higher than £750. Having it this low makes issuing stat demands as a debt collection tool attractive to the grubby end of the debt industry (i.e. all of them). If it were, say £5k, they'd have to think twice. The current situation is almost as anachronistic as the bailiff system.

Good points there SP.

Further to your suggestion of £5K, perhaps the level should be linked directly to the Small Claims limit.

Rob