LCS chasing previous tenant

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, this is my first time posting so I hope I've put this in the right place.

Today I've received a letter from LCS utility investigations addressed to the occupier/landlord. It states that they are 'investigating the utility supply of my home' and proceed to ask a list of questions - Your Name, date of occupancy, name of previous occupant, forwarding address of the previous occupant, Landlords name, address and phone number and anything else relevant.

I've done some research on this outfit and what I've read points to the company working for British Gas, and not actually having any details of the debtor other than the debt and their address - so anyone that responds innocently with the previous tenants details gets chased for the debt instead of them finding the actual debtor.

I being about British Gas does make some sense as the previous tenants did switch the service to BG and them upped and left abruptly without closing any accounts and left no forwarding address. The landlord was unaware they switched suppliers, I decided to stay with my suppliers not BG and arranged this all through them - I never spoke once to British Gas.

Now there is no way I am giving them my or my partners name - it's just none of their business. Every piece of mail I had for the previous tenants I sent back with "returned to sender - moved away" on the envelope.

I can't give them a forwarding address, all I know is that they returned to Libya sometime in February this year - thats all the my Landlord knows. At least they shouldn't be able to ring me as my phone number came with me from my old place and is ex-directory.

Currently my plan is to give the letter to my Landlord and tell him to not give them my details to this outfit, then he can contact them as he wishes.

Am I going about this the right way? I always seem to have problems caused by other people wherever I live and I just can't take another ride on this merry-go-round.

It's a fishing letter. Just put a white sticker over the address and mark "Not known at this address. Return to sender".

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

you say 'addressed to the occupier/landlord'. So its easy, pass it onto the Landlord. Its his property, its the previous tennants lease,- not yours. Let him/they deal with it. Get over thinking that they have any authority over you whatsoever. Anything you do other than throwing the letter in the bin ( including renegadeimp's suggestion ) is due the the kindness and genorisity of your heart, not some duty or obligation on your part Not. Your. Problem.

Edited by dadtaxi

When it says "occupier/landlord" it's 100% a fishing trip.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D