English disabled persons bus pass and London buses?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4252 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In April 2008, the English disabled (and older persons pass) persons bus pass changed. We're now able to use the passes between 9.30am & 11pm Monday-Friday and all day at weekends and Bank Holidays.

I am sure I read somewhere that the rules are different if you use your pass in London - there is no Monday-Friday restriction? Unfortunately, I can't remember where I read this. Can someone please confirm whether this is correct, please?

Thank you

The Freedom Pass is valid 24 hours a day, every day.The pass covers buses, tubes and trams and many over ground trains too as not all overground services

are part of the London overground network. Some of the fares on the Thames riverboats are half price though.

I am sorry, I was looking at the pass issued to London council residents, If you mean the English National Concessionary pass, then you can use it at any time on

London Transport Buses in the London Area. It is not valid for any other form of transport in London.

You can find the reference to it on the Transport for London website-

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/14305.aspx#tkt-tab-panel-4

The following is valid on all TfL services

EMBED_337414_02000001_large.gif

Any other logo in place of the "freedom pass" one is only valid on London Buses, but without time restriction. However, it is only valid between 09:30am and 23:00 on other buses, unless more generous arrangements are in place, i.e. a lot of companies do not enforce the 23:00 evening restriction, (which AFAIK is there to prevent drunk pensioners hurting themselves).

• 2 weeks later...