UKCPS 'Court Proceedings Ltd' Letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4268 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I'm after a little advice please.

My boyfriend recieved a 'charge' whilst at a UKCPS car park for parking outside of a marked bay.

He insists he didn't park outside of a marked bay or even on lines and so I (maybe stupidly) wrote a letter saying that he didn't do what they where charging him for

and he wouldn't be paying the fine.

He has now received a letter from Court Proceedings Ltd and he's getting a little scared.

From doing a little research I can see that they do actually take people to court but I don't want him to give in to these cowboys.

Should I write asking them for photographic evidence or should I ignore the letter?

I'm tempted to ask for evidence - if he was stupid (which I don't believe) then he should pay,

but if they have no evidence then why should they steal money from us?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you in advance

SJ

You should just ignore them. Return to sender etc if you can be bothered.

Court Proceedings Ltd is just a half decent attempt at creating a company with a scary name, but with absolutely no teeth. They had a whole £1 in their company account on 26 January 2012.

You don't happen to live in Liverpool/Aintree do you?

Edited by firstclassx

Hi SJ

court proceedings and their pretty little justice scales logo

are just there to scare you

they've never actually taken anyone to court , ...funny that!!

ignore them and their speculative invoices and threat-o-grams.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

This is an interesting one in as much as the name could be considered to be extremely misleading in as much as they are iimplying some kind of legal status, a copy to the DVLA and OFT MAY be worth a thought.

AS FOR THE CHARGE IGNORE.

Court Proceedings Ltd are strongly suspected of being a sister company to UKCPS and purport to be debt collectors. However, they do not hold a Consumer Credit Act debt collection licence and may only, therefore, collect business to business debts or those owned by "grouped" companies. The fact that they do not have a CCA licence and attempt to collect UKCPS's debts from private individuals confirms that they are "in house" with UKCPS. The company did apply for a CCA in 2011 but this was "made of no effect" by the OFT - basically the OFT cancelled their application.

As has been said before UKCPS run a risk with this sort of operation. OPC came unstuck a while ago with their parallel operation with Windsor-Smythe & Partners - their in-house debt collectors now done away with. The LDK Group continue to operate an in-house debt collectors called Ethical Debt Collection Services Ltd that purports to be based in north London when in fact they are run out of LDK's offices in Milton Keynes - you can even ring up on LDK's number and ask to speak to them or vice versa.

@ OP - summarising. Don't worry. This is just UKCPS having another go at asking you for their money by pretending to be a debt collector. BTW - debt collectors have exactly the same powers that you and I have. All they can do is to ask but they just don't want you to know that and word their letters in such a way as to suggest they are legally empowered. They aren't.

Have you considered registering a company called F**k Off Ltd to reply upon your behalf?

It's rip off Britain's scare you into paying money routine, and by replying they see you as a bothered soft touch who's likely to worry so much that you'll pay them.

He has now received a letter from Court Proceedings Ltd and he's getting a little scared.

You might get a letter from 'We are going to come round in a white van and take all your stuff LTD' next.

What will they come up with next?

IGNOR!

This is an interesting one in as much as the name could be considered to be extremely misleading in as much as they are iimplying some kind of legal status, a copy to the DVLA and OFT MAY be worth a thought.

I'm surprised that 'Court' doesn't appear on the list of restricted words at companies house to be honest