threat of ccj by wescott

mojo786
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4262 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

have received letter from wescott threatening ccj proceedings for over a £1K. on the 5th october

have checked cra file and this amount not on but i have 1 debt dropping of 2nd october for a lesser amount . i am assuming it must be this.

what would be best way forward?

also had letter from drysdenfairfax solicitors asking for urgent contact, again i can only assume for sb debts

thanks in advance

Edited by cerberusalert
figures altered

Mojo - please edit your post and round the numbers down. A quick Google search by an unwanted observer might uniquely identify you by the amount owing - a 100,000 to one chance they got the wrong person by my reckoning. Make it a round number and it will be much less.

Thanks.

Edited by Bandit127

hi all

have received letter from wescott threatening ccj proceedings for over a £1K. on the 5th october

have checked cra file and this amount not on but i have 1 debt dropping of 2nd october for a lesser amount . i am assuming it must be this.

what would be best way forward?

also had letter from drysdenfairfax solicitors asking for urgent contact, again i can only assume for sb debts

thanks in advance

What was your last payment on either account?

Send them the statute barred letter. See what happens.

Wescott recentley bought a huge amount of unenforceable debts. However, since many are SB, the law says the debtor must tell the creditor that the debts are not enforceable.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

the law says the debtor must tell the creditor that the debts are not enforceable.

Can you link towards this law please renegade? I've never heard of it?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

It's the statute barred thing. A debtor can continue to chase a debtor, but it is up to the debtor to tell the creditor/DCA that the debt is statute barred. Upon confirmation, the creditor/DCA should ( not must) stop collection activities and mark the file as closed. However, since it is termed "should", many, if not all DCA's, simply sell it on and dont tell the next owner of the status of the debt.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

No Law involved here OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003 updated October 2011

IT is unfair to continue to press for payment once the debtor has informed the the creditor IN WRITTING that a debt is statute barred AND that they will not be paying, to do so COULD be amount to harassment.

There is also technical guidance from the ICO regarding the sale of statute barred debt without informing the purchaser of the status of the debt.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Key word there being guidance. Which really needs to be changed to regulation to help protect consumers.

I disagree the Guidance serves extremly well and is accepted as custom and practice I have yet to see a challenge or any breach here regarding an unequivically statute barred debt.

This is the reasonableness of English Civil Law.

An essential point to remember is I think a qoute from my tutor '' Rules are for the obediance of fools and the guidance of wise men!!'' which is why I will refer to guidance/legislation/rules there is little point in chapter and verse which is a waste of time and effort.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: