British Gas payment disagreement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Back in June BG decided to increase my monthly payment from £200 to £300.

I wrote to them and asked them to maintain the original payment and received confirmation on 29 August that £200 was fine

and to continue payment which I have reducing the amount owed to £600.

I have then received several letters demanding full payment of the £1000 plus owed.

On ringing their 'overseas' office via the freephone number

I was told that my only alternatives were to pay the full amount or accept a pre payment meter, there was no other alternative, other than to be disconnected.

I pointed out with reference number about the letter I had confirming the agreed payment and was told that they had nothing to suggest this on record

and I either paid in full or he would arrange a meter.

I eventually contacted the person who had agreed the continued payment and she confirmed yesterday that she did work for BG abd my arrangement stood.

Today I took an out of area number and was told by the BG representative that the person mentioned did not exist there was nothing on my file,

even though she had confirmed there was, about an agreement and if I didn't pay the now £800+ due I would be cur off.

What is it with Bg are they on commission in India or wherever to get meters fitted ?

Back in June BG decided to increase my monthly payment from £200 to £300.

I wrote to them and asked them to maintain the original payment and received confirmation on 29 August that £200 was fine

and to continue payment which I have reducing the amount owed to £600.

I have then received several letters demanding full payment of the £1000 plus owed.

On ringing their 'overseas' office via the freephone number

I was told that my only alternatives were to pay the full amount or accept a pre payment meter, there was no other alternative, other than to be disconnected.

I pointed out with reference number about the letter I had confirming the agreed payment and was told that they had nothing to suggest this on record

and I either paid in full or he would arrange a meter.

I eventually contacted the person who had agreed the continued payment and she confirmed yesterday that she did work for BG abd my arrangement stood.

Today I took an out of area number and was told by the BG representative that the person mentioned did not exist there was nothing on my file,

even though she had confirmed there was, about an agreement and if I didn't pay the now £800+ due I would be cur off.

What is it with Bg are they on commission in India or wherever to get meters fitted ?

If its any consolation all corporate entities are the same..