Vehicle reminder not arrived - help!

Ali2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4277 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Hope someone can assist.

Car tax due end of September, however, up to last week reminder not arrived. Rang DVLA who told me there had been a problem earlier in the month so reminders would be late and should receive by 24th September - not arrived as yet!

I was told I could renew online with my V5 document which I tried to do tonight. However, wouldn't let me, something about tax class etc. I have my V5 and MOT but cannot find my insurance certificate which has been mislaid!! Have searched high and low for it. Even if I try and get another certificate might not arrive by weekend and I cannot park it offroad. Any suggestions?

Even though I know I am partly to blame, I am angry at DVLA, firstly for non appearance of reminder and secondly, the failure of the V5 to let me pay when I have a valid number etc. I want to pay my tax but am being prevented by their own system!!

If I ring DVLA, can they issue a number over the phone or is it a case of making a formal complaint to get anything done!

Any help appreciated as I am now at my wit's end!

Thanks.

they should be able to give your the number you need to do it online

you dont need ins cert

they use MIB that does that automatically .

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

they should be able to give your the number you need to do it online

you dont need ins cert

they use MIB that does that automatically .

dx

Thank you. So if I ring up, they should be able to provide me with a 16 digit number over the phone, is that correct? My car is taxed and insured and they would be able to see that on their system too.

give it a go

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You don't need the reminder reference number. When you renew online, if you don't have the reminder, you can enter the vehicle registration and enter the reference number from your V5. The "help" function will show you where this number is located. There is no need to ring the DVLA.

You don't need the reminder reference number. When you renew online, if you don't have the reminder, you can enter the vehicle registration and enter the reference number from your V5. The "help" function will show you where this number is located. There is no need to ring the DVLA.

Thats it = simples, as long as your insurance/paperwork is o.k. job done = only problem it takes up to 5 days for your tax disc to arrive.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

As long as your VED was applied for before the end of the month, your current tax disc will remain valid for the first 5 working days in the new month. Best to ask for an email receipt when you apply online and keep the receipt as proof that your tax has been applied for.