In process of DRO application; need one more statement, but bleeding a stone is easier

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there guys, came across this forum while looking for help with a growing problem. Very long story, but will try to summarise:

I've been in debt for a *very* long time - never let a messed up 18 year old have a full-time job, they'll still be paying off that debt into their 30s... as I've found out the hard way. Contract ended, I couldn't find another f/t job and fell into arrears. Been drifting from p/t job to p/t job ever since, when I haven't been on the dole, that is. When I realised (or rather, accepted) that I needed help (in early twenties), I followed advice from the CAB and have been with the CCCS ever since.

I've also struggled with depression for a long time. This hit breaking point a few months ago, where I finally accepted that I'm not fit for work, and am now claiming ESA. Being in debt for what is now 15 years hasn't helped my mental health in the slightest, and with no end in sight I decided a DRO was now my best option.

I went through the online application about the same time that I filed my claim for ESA (about July this year). Got the application pack, including the list of things I needed to send off with my form. Credit report, check. Proof of income, check. Statement of accounts from *all* creditors.. this is where I'm having problems.

I got 2 (out of 4) just from printing online statements (all necessary info is there). To get the last 2 I sent out letters - found a good template to use online. BoS responded fairly quickly. The other is Arrow Global, allegedly - although in their notice of assignment they say to contact AIC. So I sent off the letter to the address I was given.

I've learned to be patient when expecting replies, so allowed them a month. During that time I was waiting on Experian (they'd sent a request for more info while I was away, so after posting that off I was waiting for a reply), so I was in no rush. Once that had passed, I checked over AG's letter again - and realised I may have used the wrong reference number (there were 2?!). So I sent off another one, this time with the right number. Experian sent me the report I'd requested, but I was still waiting for AIC.

I was getting pretty POed by this point, especially with CCCS nagging for the paperwork. I had to explain the position to them while deciding it was time for a phone call. The only thing was, AG had sent a couple of letters before - one trying to trace me (despite my informing all creditors of both change of address *and* name) - I'd called them once before just to confirm I was the right person, and could they please update my name change on their records. For some reason they said they couldn't - and proved the point when they sent a notice of assignment. Both letters said to contact AIC with any queries, but both gave different phone numbers. After failing to get through on one, I tried the other.

Well, I got through with not much difficulty. I gave the reference number on the letter, only to be told it wasn't working with their system. They then took my details, which was problematic in itself as I tried previous and current addresses, and names. Finally the guy found my details - and said I was in the wrong department, please hold while I transfer you. Okay, fine, I thought, until the same happened again. I managed once to explain I needed a statement of account, but after they tried it a third time, I voiced my protest. They said they'd call back once they found out which dept. I needed. Did they hell!

Tried calling the day after, couldn't get through at all. Now fuming, I pondered what I was now meant to do - call the CCCS? File a complaint? While checking things out online, I found a mailing address for AG in Manchester (I think), and sent *them* the request, telling them I'd tried the details they gave, but since they were unhelpful maybe they could help. In the meantime I started college - my hope of getting a decent career for a change, and to aid recovery.

It's been about a week now since I sent off that letter. Predictably (from what I've read), I have still yet to hear from them. In the meantime I have a nearly-complete initial application for DRO to post off, and waiting on this *one* last thing is infuriating. CCCS advised me to close down my DMP while applying for this, so only a few days ago I had a call from Natwest, another of my creditors - which has been stressful in itself since all the time they've been part of my DMP, they've still been charging interest, making my payments nothing more than a drop in the ocean. But that's another story. Fact remains, none of my others are getting paid, apart from the CCJ.

This is all really starting to p* me off. The reason I applied for a DRO in the first place was to get one more weight off my shoulders and move on with my life. I'm starting to feel that AG/AIC are either stalling deliberately, or they're just a load of incompetents who don't read their post. Or lose it. From what I've read on here, I'm fast losing hope of ever getting that elusive statement from them. This has dragged on for months now - what else can I do?

Never mind, I was starting to freak out due to aforementioned ill health; called CCCS after college, they said I could just call AG to get the needed figure and write it on a letter of theirs. When they put me through, of course.. *sigh*