Data Protection

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, would anyone have an idea whether this is a breach of the Data Protection Act?

I sent a CCA request to a DCA (MKDP) acting on behalf of Nationwide, they have sent me a copy of an application form, but also some letters that were sent from a different DCA about my old Halifax account in 2001!

They have also supplied a copy of an old Experian report which has credit information (account balances, limits, etc) about 5 members of my family, they even have information about my grandad who died in 1995.

Does anyone know why they would send all this and where would they have got my halifax info from?!!

It would depend on there being a box on the agreement saying you agree to your details being shared with third parties and the box was ticked yes. The third parties are usually named and the loan etc denied if you say no as that would mean they couldn't put anything on your credit history record or pass details to a dca.

Ok, but why would they send me letters from a different DCA about a completely different bank. Are Halifax and Nationwide part of the same group now or in 2001? I cant understand how they have got copies of those letters and why they would even send them to me for a CCA request!!

Were the CRA's operating differently years ago then as well because when i read my credit reports now they dont give me financial information about other people?

I wouls suggest a complaint to the Data Controller of MKDP regarding this response.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: