3 months to court is that usual

Soyamocha
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4272 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just received my summons to appear at the Magistrates Court but it is not for three months. Is it normal to get so much notice? I just wondered as I thought it was normally three weeks' notice and I am concerned that they have put it off to enable them to dig further and come up with something else. Does anyone know?

Thanks

I have just received my summons to appear at the Magistrates Court but it is not for three months. Is it normal to get so much notice? I just wondered as I thought it was normally three weeks' notice and I am concerned that they have put it off to enable them to dig further and come up with something else. Does anyone know?

Thanks

Trial dates are set well in advance.

And it is quite possible that further evidence is being sought that you may not at the moment be aware of.

If there is further evidence that is uncovered or further witness statements, your solicitor will be informed of them prior to the trial.

Thanks for responding. At my IUC I was told that if the CPS decided to take the matter to court, then I would receive a letter from them stating this and the court hearing would be about three weeks later - not three months! That is why I have become slightly concerned