Washing Machine - holes in clothes, what are my options?

yellowplum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4281 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have read a few things about holes in clothes online regarding washing machines. Although this is a strange one, purchased three new T-shirts and a jumper last week, washed them separately in the washing machine and all four items had small holes in them. The T-shirts in the sleeves and the jumper in the back middle.

I emailed the manufacturer over the weekend to gain some sort of response, I received the email reply below.

However when I called them they are sending out an engineer, although the machine is still under guarantee it is now 7 years old.

Engineer is booked for Wednesday, not sure what the response will be but judging from past experience with them it took six call outs before they replaced the PCB on the machine.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks for your recent email.

We are very concerned to learn of your disappointment in the performance of your appliance. We would assume that your machine is working to specification and that there are no mechanical or electrical faults present.

Modern machines are now more efficient than older appliances and use less water to provide greater economy and efficiency. As a result, the importance of correct programme selection is crucial to a good wash performance. Each specific programme has been designed with a particular fabric in mind, so it is very important that the clothing care labels are strictly adhered to. Please refer to your instruction manual for additional information.

It is also important to make sure that the machine is not overloaded, as this would have an adverse effect on the wash. We recommend choosing the Short programme which will make the wash less vigorous and, in addition, you may wish to select the Water Plus option or a delicate wash cycle to add more cushioning to your wash items.

Furthermore, you may wish to programme the Gentle Action function into your appliance, as this has been specifically designed to reduce the drum action and the agitation it can cause on garments. To programme this function, please refer to page 64 of your operating manual (Programmable Functions chapter).

It is also worth mentioning that biological detergents may cause damage to certain natural fabrics as the enzymes in the detergent can destroy the natural proteins in the materials.

We hope that this information will help to improve the situation and restore your faith in our brand.