BT Vision Cancellation

GBEVER12
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4281 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone give me advice on this?

I took out a package with BT which included phone line, broadband and vision. I used it for 12 months out of the 18 month contract. I then moved property starting a new 18 month contract. 6 months in and I am moving again. I wanted to cancel the service so they made up a final bill for me. I knew i would face termination fees but didn't expect to pay £199 for the vision box. Having looked at the terms and conditions it says:

'The Vision box will be provided free of charge as long as you remain within contract. However, If you stop your service in the first year we'll charge you £199. This charge is to cover the cost of the box and will appear on your next bill . This charge is in addition to any Early Termination charges you may be liable to pay.'

There reason for charging £199 is to cover the cost of the box. Since I have had the box for over 12 months surely that means that I have covered the cost of the box depite moving property?

Is there anything I can do?

Follow their complaints code. (here) I would suggest keeping things in writing, and if you use their "contact us" web page, copy and paste all the information to a word processor program and save that as a backup incase you need to refer to it later.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar