HFO Services Ltd Query - DO they still exist? Where is my money going?!

survivor55
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have been paying a debt since April 28th 2011 through HFO services ltd at £40 per month. This was my debt and I agreed to pay. This has been coming out of my account regularly since.

I have moved house not do long ago and on sorting through paperwork have realised that I cannot locate the original letter from HFO with their details and my total balance owing etc. Therefore, I cannot contact them to update my details or find out what my outstanding balance is etc.

On looking through various websites it appears that they no longer exist??? Is this the case? If it is, where has my money been going to? Does anyone have a contact number for them? I don't want to stop paying and then suddenly get demands, but equally I dont want my money going into a black hole either!

Thanks!! Any help appreciated.

check your cra file too.

never ever rign a dca

they have no legal powers anyhow!!

as with all dealings with HFO

something smells here.

what was the debt about?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It was an old phone contract (about 3 years before I started making payments) that my boyfriend at the time ran up a huge bill on and couldn't pay it at that point.

then the relationship fell apart and i moved etc etc and just forgot about it.

I know it was my debt and as I was (rightly) sorting out any debts/ bills i had accumulated while at uni i just wanted to pay it off.

There is nothing on my experian or equifax credit report from them.

i have monthly access to both. should I just stop the direct debit??

i cannot contact them, so i am not sure if I am doing the right or wrong thing in cancelling it....?!

more importantly - when did they liquidate and how do i find out where my money has been going to since?! lol

thanks!

the HFO crew should spot this thead soon.

IMHO i would stop paying them.

you prob took 'on-spec' what they were threatening as the truth [court etc etc] WRONG!!

its not showing on your CRA file, so prob written off by the OC at source

dx

i

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes - stop the DD. See if anyone contacts YOU but certainly pay no more! It sounds like you have paid enough.

Have you ever received a statement?

At your Service

Please Double click the Star and leave a message if I have helped you

Please support CAG and they will support you.

No I have never received a statement.

I believe that Roxburghe took on their 'clients' not so long ago, but am reluctantto call them as, rightly or wrongly (!!)I don't want to end up having to pay something that I don't have to.....?! But then I feel I need to call someone to fins out if my money has been going nowhere!

I just don't want to end up with a CCJ or anything as it took me a long time to repair my credit due to debts left from my ex boyfriend, which I now have repaired!

how were you first 'spoofed' into paying them this debt?

dx

and they

No chance of a CCJ! Trust me!! Or a default being registered.

If you have received nothing to say this has been transferred to Rox - it probably has not been. Stop paying now. See if anyone notices.

Any idea how much you have paid these vultures?

At your Service

HFO Services Ltd still exists (though its parent company, HFO (UK) Holdings Ltd is in administration), and the account will almost certainly be owned by HFO Capital Ltd.

I’m not sure stopping paying willy-nilly without good reason is such a good idea, but legally they must send you an annual statement. As you started paying in April 2011, I would send a letter to the address for HFO Services that you hold (their problem if they have failed to contact you with any change of address etc) stating that, as you have not received an annual statement, you will cease payments if you do not receive a response within seven days.

Then you are acting reasonably.

And NEVER pay them by DD – always set up a standing order.

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

Also, when you agreed the debt, did you check that they had not added charges or interest they were not entitled to?

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

I disagree (sorry :-)) still think that you MUST stop the DD, wrong way to pay. However as DB rightly says - write to them to cover yourself and say that you have ceased payment until your queries and concerns regarding this account are clarified. Ask for a complete statement of account, original balance, details of interest and charges applied and request proof of your liability The address will be West Byfleet (do not worry it will get passed to someone) and send recorded.

Mobile phone contracts rarely result in court action.

Can you give us the details of the original debt?

At your Service

Hi thanks for all the messages

I have lost the original letter in my house move - hence trying to contact them. The original debt was for a mobile contract. My ex ran up a huge bill and I couldn't pay it then we split up and I moved. HFO caught up with me. I had been trying to find where the bill had been sold to. They wrote to me and phoned me and caught me at home one day saying that I would be taken to court if I didn't pay it. I knew it wasn't statute barred becasue it was only from 3 years previous. I knew I owed money, and wanted it sorted, hence entering into a repayment situation.

I can't give them my new details because I dont know where to write to. HFO Capital have no number either when I google them.

SO....I write to their last known address stating that I haven't received any statement etc....but do I give them my new address? The last thing I want is any hassle again!

Thanks again

Well, you have complied with your responsibilities – you have paid on the nose. They have failed to provide a statement – therefore you are in no position to know the status of the debt, and if they fail to provide a statement or respond, state you will consider the matter closed and stop your payments.

Also ask for copies of any documents relating to their right to collect this alleged debt i.e. Copies of any Notices of Assignment and head your letter 'I acknowledge no debt to your company'. Certainly give them your correct address, you have nothing to hide - request that all contact with you is conducted in writing only

At your Service

No - that would only relate to a Credit Agreement request and Mobile phone contracts do not have these. You should have received a NOA from the original creditor and/or HFO if the debt was sold to them.

Basically write and say

Account ref xxxxxxxxx

'I acknowledge no debt to your company'

I have been contacted by your company in the past regarding this account but now require that you forward me copies of any correspondence relating to this and a detailed breakdown of current and previous balances, statements of any payments received by you plus charges and interest applied. I also require copies of any documents relating to your claim to administer this account including any Notices of Assignment.

Please note that I have made payments to you on the basis of telephone calls made to me in the past but will be making no further payment until I receive the documentation mentioned above.

I look forward to your prompt response otherwise I will consider this matter closed'

Or something to that effect.

Can you tell me about the original debt?

At your Service