Courier lost my work!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4299 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi people, I am wondering if I can get some advice on what to do?

I booked interparcel to collect sample dresses (I am a seamstress) for a client of mine and deliver them the next day before 12. They did not deliver the item and it took them until today to tell me that the couriers (TNT) have supposedly searched their depot and declared it lost. It was checked into the depot and given that it has bright purple packaging, I fail to see how it can have been misplaced.

Just wondering what to do as I did not purchase enhanced cover, although I did declare the item worth £400, which is shown on my paperwork. It is my feeling that as they have already breached their contract by not delivering the item in the specified timescale, I should be able to claim for the full value.

Any advice would be greatly apprecuiated and if it can be in non-legal speak that would be great as I don't think my brain can handle complex words today!

Eleanor

Don't worry about insurance. That is there to protect them - and it is always amazing to me that companies can oblige their clients to buy insurance to protect the company from their own mistakes.

Make sure that you have a properly detailed valuation - any photographs? Include the value of the work you have done - not just the materials.

Submit the valuation to the company and don't habg around while they consider it or they put in their own insurance claim etc.

Give them 14 days to pay or else you sue.

Don't threaten legal action unless you are prepared to go through with it. However, it is easy, cheap - almost risk free and in your case you have a very high chance of success.

By the way, keep your eye on eBay - you might find your work on sale there!!

Thank you! I am going to put together information to show the value of the items and send in all evidence. My dad is also looking into things to see if he can find any help. I may also go to the CAB. I am prepared to go to court if it comes to it, it is just not acceptable!