OPC fine in Flat parking - Got 7 Tickets

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4299 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All Experts,

Recently I moved to new property (Flat). My flat got one allocated parking space in basement, locked compound.

Just after moving to new property, I went on holiday for about 20 days – when I came back I saw about 7 parking tickets, 2 of them were on windscreen while others are found on ground. I was not sure why I got ticket as I parked my car in my allocated parking space. I send email to OPC people and explain this this but they reply with saying that you have to display valid parking permit - they also want me to pay 100 for all tickets as 14 days were already passed ( I was on holiday for that time)

I explain to them that "I was on holiday (out of UK, can send you passport entry as evidence on request) that’s why few tickets are passed 14 days period and if I know about this, I moved my car somewhere else or get in touch with you soon to prove that parking space is allocated to me." but they are keep replying that you have to pay fine as valid permit was not displayed.

At last they were agree on paying 3 ticket with £100 fine at they were late and cancel other 4 tickets.

I am not sure what to do - In flat basement I can see message saying parking is controlled by OPC. Uploaded for your references.

Please help me guys - I can't afford to pay that much.

Thanks you in Advance!!

OPC_Message.jpg

Don't pay! It is not a fine, and they cannot enforce their ticket and just want £100 off you. Only your landlord could take you to court for this and that is not going to happen. OPC will carry on writing to you, but you have already told them that this is YOUR allocated parking space, and that you were out of the country anyway - do not contact them further, ignore the demands and they will eventually stop.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

IGNORE

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

This is a space which is allocated to you in the lease you have on your flat and OPC propose to restrict your "peaceful enjoyment" of it? I suggest that you write immediately to your landlord/managing agent and point out to them that OPC's conduct represents a breach of the terms of your lease and as their agent they are jointly and severally liable.

Oh, and the unenforceable invoices should be ignored. If you would like to read how OPC have been dealt with elsewhere in a similar situation have a read through this very long thread (Ingress Park) - Click Here

Thanks for all advice...

What make me uncomfortable is: Our basement parking got big message board saying parking lot controlled by OPC - I attached image for your references.

OPC_Message.jpg

My contract mentioned that includes one car pass, I didn't know about that until I got tickets and asked to my agent. I also shaw that all cars in car park got parking pass displayed.

Is notice board in parking lot and car pass make OPC's case strong ? and I will end up in paying 700+ court fees??

Thanks,

Thanks for all advice...

What make me uncomfortable is: Our basement parking got big message board saying parking lot controlled by OPC - I attached image for your references.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37992[/ATTACH]

My contract mentioned that includes one car pass, I didn't know about that until I got tickets and asked to my agent. I also shaw that all cars in car park got parking pass displayed.

Is notice board in parking lot and car pass make OPC's case strong ? and I will end up in paying 700+ court fees??

Thanks,

no they can do nothing

but get that pass if you can

i suggest you read this forum!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I already got the parking pass and I also read few post here as well but generally all are about parking in visitor space and don't have any sign about parking restriction but where I am living got big sign just after you enter into parking space - I attached that in previous post.