How do I request compensation from ScottishPower?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6460 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My boyfriend and I bought our first house and moved in end of Nov 04. We were with scottishpower until June 05 then moved over NPower.

When with scottishpower we paid dd every month for amount they requested each month for gas (even tho it was capped off - we paid each mth so we could claim back end of term) and elec. When we moved to Npower we started getting letters from SP asking for hundreds of pounds that we apparently owed them for gas and elec. I requested the funds back from the gas we had paid as we hadnt used gas, they made out we had used gas and that i was wrong, they sent people out to check meter was same as when we moved in.....then denied sending anyone out at all- they made my life a missery................ it took 13 months to get money back (chq rec 1/8/06) after numerous letters/4 debt agencies harassing us/phonecalls/being signed off with stress.

Then they were asking for 300 for elec saying that we had used this on top of what we had been paying!!!! Again after a year of debt letters,phonecalls, stress ect, someone actually listened to me when i called and helped me sort the case out. they worked out we couldnt have used that much elec and sent me an amended bill for £21. I called up and said they had a cheek asking for that and the least they could do was write off that amt after what they have put me thru which they did.

Today ive come across all the old paperwork, default ltrs, debt agency ltrs and ltrs threatening to send someone to home address regarding the gas and elec. After 13 months I have proved I was correct all along but after everything ive been thru i feel as tho i should be entitled to some sort of compensation, esp since the amount of money i spend on the phone to all diff companies, sending ltrs, emails, stress etc.Moving into your first house should be happy for us but instead it was a missery with letters and numerous phonecallsand threatsof bailiffs.

Im going to photocopy all the paperwork and send to SP requesting compensation for what they have put me thru. Does anyone have any ideas or advice as to what i should put in the letter?

Sorry to ramble on but wanted to give you the full picture of whats happened.

missyx

My advise would to be first phone them and ask to speak to a manager. Explain in detail exactly what you have been through and how it has affected you and the time and expense you have incurred.

If you get no were then write to the customer relations and explain this is your second contact. Put in the letter if you are still not satisfied you will write again but also send a copy letter to energywatch.

You are then justified in complaining to energywatch as it will be your 3rd contact. Good luck and keep us informed.