child benefit stop without warning

Helen2264
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4295 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Everyone,

My 18 years old is starting full time college next week. I had no warning from the child benefit or the child tax credit the payments has stopped can someone please give me telephone number that don't start with the 0845 as it's impossible to contact them on the main 0845 number they just cut you off. Usually I get a letter to tell me if my child will still be in full time education this year I had nothing.

If anyone has a telephone number for the child benefit line that I can get through I would be most grateful.

Thanks very much

helen :(

Hello Everyone,

My 18 years old is starting full time college next week. I had no warning from the child benefit or the child tax credit the payments has stopped can someone please give me telephone number that don't start with the 0845 as it's impossible to contact them on the main 0845 number they just cut you off. Usually I get a letter to tell me if my child will still be in full time education this year I had nothing.

If anyone has a telephone number for the child benefit line that I can get through I would be most grateful.

Thanks very much

helen :(

Try 01912251000.

Tax credits are the only organisation I have never managed to find a non 0845 number for. Think there is one for child benefits.

Everyone should get a letter about May/June asking you what your child's plans are when they leave school that summer. It needs to be completed and returned. Those that have returned the form saying their child is enrolled in college at the level of education and type of course that makes them eligible for continued benefits should continue to receive tax credits and child benefit up until they are 20. Sometimes they letter goes astray, or the family have moved and the DWP doesn't know.

The course must be level 3 and academic based (not NVQ) and full time and there is other critieria too.

Thanks everyone for your replies it is much appreciated. I've persevered with the 0845 number in meantime and managed to get through. Both the child benefit and child tax credit has been reinstated until 2014. How they can just stop both payments without warning it's ridiculous I've got shopping online coming through tomorrow luckily I've managed to get help from friends then shall pay back the borrowed money. To top it all I've got to sort out my son's oyster card now before certain date, we were waiting for a letter from the college for his course then their computer broke down they couldn't give us the letter, he is going to the college today to get his oyster form sorted with the college stamp I am not well enough to go out and do shopping at the supermarket at the moment. I am exhausted with the stress need to go for a lie down.

Have a great day all.

helen

Try 01912251000.

Thanks for this number I shall keep it if someone else need it I shall pass it on. I probably won't need to ring both benefits as they will stop when my child is 20 but never know I might have to chase them if they don't put the money in my bank this week or next.

cheers

helen