British Gas prepay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have been receiving annual statements from BG for a couple of years now. Although it shows my annual usage (previous year) and expected usage for the coming year, it does not show any readings they have based this on or the amount of credit put on my meter via my card. I have e-mailed them twice requesting this information and both times they say it is impossible to give me this information.

I have now just discovered when going through the screens on my meter, that although there is zero debt showing on screen 27 there is £4 wkly debt recovery showing on screen 26. Does this mean this mean this is being collected? I have never been in debt to BG the meter was in the property when we moved in and just decided to keep, that was 11 yrs ago.

I have e-mailed BG 3 days ago regarding both but all i have received is the standard "we have received your query and will get back to you" so much for their 24 hr response.

I also read on the BG watchdog sticky something about checking the time on the meter, what problem would the time being wrong on the meter cause as mine is totally wrong?

Thanx in advance for any responses x

i once called customer services and made them stay on the phone so i could read all the info back to them.

when i did this he discovered a 30p a day surcharge that shouldnt have been active.

it totted up to be just shy of £60 and was told that they would credit my meter key thing. that never happened on 2 occations so have lodged a complaint with BG and they are looking into it now.

If i help feel free to click star on my post. cheers

• 3 years later...