Please help-independent inspection not independent

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4296 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please can anyone offer any advice about resolving a dispute that began in May.

I bought a laminate floor from Quickstep from their own online website in April, thinking they were a reputable company with quality products.

However, not long after it was laid (a friend laid it) it became apparent one of its joints was faulty.

I got their own dealer's fitter to see it and he agreed the joint was weak and that he would be nervous to lay it himself

and he put this in writing, although his finding wasn't 100% conclusive in laying blame!

To cut a long story short Quickstep wouldn't accept his report and now after ALOT of persistance from me and after 4 months

I've finally got them to arrange an independent inspection (that they will pay for as product is under 6 months old and onus is on them to proove there isn't a fault!).

However, I have just looked up the man they are sending out, and found his wesiteb and can see hes a salesman for quickstep cleaning products

so not independent at all if he's even an inspector:!:!

I've already booked his visit next week as I was so relieved they were finally sending someone.

What are my rights?

Are they entitled to send whoever they like?

Should I cancel him?

Please help I don't know how to move this forward!

Tell them you reject their ''independant'' expert as he is an employee and you are reporting them to trading standards,

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: