Esa

ThePain
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4311 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I been on esa for the 365 days this ended in April of 2012, I appealed the fact I was in working group

had medical with our friends ATOS in may after they cancelled 2 earlier dates in may, I rang them yesterday to be told that I had been put into the support group, I got a letter this morning saying the following does anybody know what it means

A payment of arrears of contribution based ESA amounting to £----- has been calculated for the period may to august 2012,

This arrears payment has not been sent or credited to you as we are holding details of a possible overpayment. We are checking whether any recovery must be made.

Arrears payments due will be sent to you as soon as possible and we will tell you why any money has been held back

I have 2 questions can I ask for the payment to be back dated to the first ATOS medical that they cancelled .

question 2 if I was in the ESA for 365 days then it stopped will I get ESA now they have moved me into the support group

Thank You

No, payment can't be backdated to the cancelled assessment.

Yes you will get cont based ESA as long as whatever has caused the potential overpayment doesn't interfere - for instance do you receive any pensions, other contribution based benefits or carer's allowance. Also income based benefits you receive may be affected.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop